June 17th is Download Day for Firefox 3 & World Record?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

With all the add-ons, I thought it was appropriate to add this posting to the Tools Board:

Set a Guinness World Record – Enjoy a Better Web

Sounds like a good deal, right? All you have to do is get Firefox 3 during Download Day to help set the record for most software downloads in 24 hours – it’s that easy. We’re not asking you to swallow a sword or to balance 30 spoons on your face, although that would be kind of awesome.

The official date for the launch of Firefox 3 is June 17, 2008. Join our community and this effort by pledging today.

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/

Man, I need to step up my creative marketing ideas!

Don

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

It is now available.

Don

rdkumarj
      Participant

Hi

I’ve Downloaded it and  it is  very good, the main advantage with this is it’s Add-On’s … It is really cool,

But  my question , did that made world record in downloads…. From my side i’ve downloaded it  THRICE  that day…

Thanks.

RoleReversal
      Participant

@rdkumarj wrote:

But  my question , did that made world record in downloads….

I’m guessing so. The information I’ve read about the attempt stated that tere currently isn’t (wasn’t) a record. Therefore it should hold the record if only off the back of your 3 downloads 😉

dalepearson
      Participant

They made the record, and I believe there were a huge amount of downloads. However there was no previous record, so in theory if there were only 3 downloads it would have been a record.

I have downloaded it on my machines, pitty some of my old addons are not compatible.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?