Jailbreaking question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  maxgadgetuk 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
     Jamie.R 
    Participant

Hi All,

I have an iphone that has been jail broken. I am trying to use software  on it but this software checks to see if the device has been jail broken. I heard that there is an app you can download that tricks software into believing the phone is not jail broken does anyone know what this is ?

m0wgli 
    Participant

Not wishing to give potentially “illegal/unethical” advice. It would appear that based on these article’s:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-07/28/investigation-is-it-legal-to-jailbreak-a-uk-iphone

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/apple/3344366/how-jailbreak-your-iphone/

You’re OK with regards to legality jailbreaking your iphone in the UK, as long as you’re not infringing copyright.

Last time I looked and I’m sure you know this already but jailbreaking will set a default root password that should be changed.

There also maybe issues with T&C’s for both the phone and the app, but you’ll need to review these yourself.

A quick google for “iphone software bypass jail break check” shows that xCon may do the trick. Although some people have mentioned it won’t work for all apps.

All in all a long way for me to say xCon, but for my conscience I needed to write the above.  😛

jason 
    Participant

And YMMV with xCon, depending on the app in question. Some apps, such as those related to mobile device management, have gotten a bit better recently at detecting this sort of manipulation.

Jamie.R 
    Participant

Thanks for the info and its all being used to test an app for another company just want try something thats all.

cyber.spirit 
    Participant

i agree with mowgli however all of apple products are sucks!!!!!!!

maxgadgetuk 
    Participant

i agreed with cyber.spirit

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?