- This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
I have an iphone that has been jail broken. I am trying to use software on it but this software checks to see if the device has been jail broken. I heard that there is an app you can download that tricks software into believing the phone is not jail broken does anyone know what this is ?
Not wishing to give potentially “illegal/unethical” advice. It would appear that based on these article’s:
You’re OK with regards to legality jailbreaking your iphone in the UK, as long as you’re not infringing copyright.
Last time I looked and I’m sure you know this already but jailbreaking will set a default root password that should be changed.
There also maybe issues with T&C’s for both the phone and the app, but you’ll need to review these yourself.
A quick google for “iphone software bypass jail break check” shows that xCon may do the trick. Although some people have mentioned it won’t work for all apps.
All in all a long way for me to say xCon, but for my conscience I needed to write the above. 😛
And YMMV with xCon, depending on the app in question. Some apps, such as those related to mobile device management, have gotten a bit better recently at detecting this sort of manipulation.
Thanks for the info and its all being used to test an app for another company just want try something thats all.
i agree with mowgli however all of apple products are sucks!!!!!!!
i agreed with cyber.spirit
– EH-Net Live! “Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics“ w/ Jake Williams (@MalwareJake) on Thurs May 28 @ 1:00 PM US ET. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! April – Video & Deck Available Now! for “IoT Hacking 101 – Firmware Funhouse!” w/ Village IDIOT Labs from April 23.
– EH-Net Live! March – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Deepfakes – A Technical Peek Behind the Curtain” w/ Alyssa Miller from March 31.
– EH-Net Live! January – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Shellcode for the Masses” w/ John Hammond from Jan 29.
– EH-Net Live! December – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget” w/ Phillip Wylie from Dec 19.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.