iOS Hacker’s Handbook (May 1, 2012)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Arnoldo75 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
     UNIX 
    Participant

Just came across this one. Looking at the authors, I’m already looking forward to it:

iOS Hacker’s Handbook
    by Charlie Miller, Dion Blazakis, Dino DaiZovi, Stefan Esser, Vincenzo Iozzo, Ralf-Phillip Weinmann

Wiley

Amazon

Discover all the security risks and exploits that can threaten iOS-based mobile devices

iOS is Apple’s mobile operating system for the iPhone and iPad. With the introduction of iOS5, many security issues have come to light. This book explains and discusses them all. The award-winning author team, experts in Mac and iOS security, examines the vulnerabilities and the internals of iOS to show how attacks can be mitigated. The book explains how the operating system works, its overall security architecture, and the security risks associated with it, as well as exploits, rootkits, and other payloads developed for it.

• Covers iOS security architecture, vulnerability hunting, exploit writing, and how iOS jailbreaks work
    • Explores iOS enterprise and encryption, code signing and memory protection, sandboxing, iPhone fuzzing, exploitation, ROP payloads, and baseband attacks
    • Also examines kernel debugging and exploitation
    • Companion website includes source code and tools to facilitate your efforts

iOS Hacker’s Handbook arms you with the tools needed to identify, understand, and foil iOS attacks.

Anonymous 
    Participant

looks good might have to add this to my list of books

Seen 
    Participant

I don’t really like Apple products, but I might have to get one to play around with after reading this.

lorddicranius 
    Participant

Judging by the author list, this looks like a promising book.  I’ll be awaiting reviews 🙂

UNIX 
    Participant

Has anyone read it yet?

jason 
    Participant

I flipped through it in the bookstore, but haven’t sat down to read it yet. It looked really solid, which is consistent with my expectations of the authors.

mohaab 
    Participant

yes , it is very nice book

you will learn how to hack ios (iphone/ipad/ipod) with meterpreter

cyber.spirit 
    Participant

@seen wrote:

I don’t really like Apple products, but I might have to get one to play around with after reading this.

Before or after reading this i still dont like Apple products!!!! But i think this book is not really good for beginners

Duoo 
    Participant

I just finished this book and recently started on http://www.amazon.com/Hacking-Securing-iOS-Applications-Hijacking/dp/1449318746/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340936335&sr=8-1&keywords=ios+application+hack. I thought iOS Hacker’s Handbook did a good job of describing the inner workings of iOS, but may delve too deep for many.

From what I have read so far in Hacking and Securing, it seems like it is more oriented at actually getting you to interact and hack the device. Overall, both were good reads, but I would suggest starting with Hacking and Securing unless you are familiar with C and enjoy the highly technical details.

Arnoldo75 
    Participant

Thanks for sharing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?