Intro

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      cisco_trooper
      Participant

Hey all,

I’m new to this particular forum. I’ve been in IT for almost 12 years, starting at the bottom as a helpdesk technician, working into a systems admin/engineer position, and then on to Cisco Route Switch, and now into Cisco Security. I am a CCNP Security very knowledgeable about Cisco Firewall, Cisco IPS, anything even remotely related to VPN, Identity Services Engine, and securing router platforms, etc. I have been holding myself hostage for quite a while. I have been eyeballing the OSCP for about 4 years but would not allow myself to do it until I finished up some Cisco certs since that pays the bills. Well, I finally buckled down this year and finished up and am quite excited (for the first time in quite a while) to begin working toward something new (to me) in IT.

So that’s my story.

hayabusa
      Participant

Welcome, cisco_trooper!

Glad to see a new face, and best wishes, going forward. You’ll have to keep us posted as you progress on OSCP (and assumably OTHER future certs). Feel free to reach out, if you hit stumbling blocks in your study, as MANY members, here, have been in the same position.

SephStorm
      Participant

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Please let us know if you have any questions, including about moving into IT Security.

El33tsamurai
      Participant

Welcome, always nice to have new people around. OSCP, awesome class ;D

cisco_trooper
      Participant

Thanks all. I’ve gotten signed up. Start May 3rd and could NOT be more excited.

dynamik
      Participant

I’m pretty sure I remember you from back on TE. Congrats on wrapping up all Cisco work, as well as the transition to the darker side 😉

Keep us updated on your progress, and let us know if there’s anything we can help with.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?