I’m Just Not Smart Enough to Work in Tech

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Don Donzal 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     JT 
    Participant

“You work in tech! Wow, you must be so smart. I wish I was that smart. I’m just not smart enough to work in tech.”

That’s what I used to say to people when I would get asked why I wasn’t in the same field and making the same money they were. After all I only had a GED, and I didn’t care at all about computers or tech. All I had was an off-the-shelf eMachine I borrowed money to buy from Walmart. It wouldn’t even play the vanilla version of World Of Warcraft, until I added 256 MB of RAM. Even then my frame rate was low and my latency was high. Then I figured out how to overclock my processor and how to extend my wireless range to piggy back off the public library for free high speed internet. Of course, this came with a complementary crash course of how to install the proper endpoint protection, anti-virus, and a firewall on the DMZ, acting as a gateway doing stateful packet inspection between the network and the router, but I wasn’t smart enough to be in tech.

[See the full article at: I’m Just Not Smart Enough to Work in Tech]

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

Nice!!

We talk about this all of the time. Anyone can do this and make a great living. More than that it can be very fulfilling. You can also make it what you want. Do you want the corporate lifestyle – Go For IT. Want a more flexible schedule, remote working and self-employment are common. Have tattoos or a non-geeky academic background – NO PROBLEM!

Life is what you make. For all who are reading JT’s blog post… What the hell are you waiting for?

Don

The forum ‘Community Articles’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?