I passed the OSWP

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      rattis
      Participant

Just got the email saying that I passed the OSWP over the weekend. Took me about 2 hours. Most of it was waiting.

I’m geeked beyond belief. First cert I’ve taken and passed in a while.

THANK YOU DON and the EH-Community for the opportunity to take the course and exam. (Got the course and exam from the March 2010 giveaway).

UNIX
      Participant

Congrats!

hayabusa
      Participant

Congrats, chrisj!  It’s yet another one on my list, but need time and $$.  Wireless hacking / security is an area I already feel strong in, however, I KNOW there’s always more knowledge to learn, and new tools / perspectives to utilize, so I’m looking forward, at some point.

impelse
      Participant

Congrats

COm_BOY
      Participant

congratz !!!

caissyd
      Participant

Good for you man!

How did you like the course? Was it good?
      I think I heard it is a bit outdated. Is it true?

alucian
      Participant

Congrats!

@H1t M0nk3y
      It is outdated. For the current standards the couse is like a soldier which have only a revolver. If you send him to fight in an university campus (not MIT) it might be successful, but if you send him to war… no big chances.

rattis
      Participant

@H1t M0nk3y wrote:

Good for you man!

How did you like the course? Was it good?
      I think I heard it is a bit outdated. Is it true?

I liked the course a lot. It has it’s problems, but was good.

It’s kind of out dated. It’s primary focus is WEP and brute forcing WPA-PSK, but if you’re looking for the people that went out and put an access point up when they were told no, it’ll work fine.

I’ll message you, since I asked Don if he wanted an article for the review, or a forum post and haven’t heard back yet. Don’t want to give too much away until I know where to put it. Although Pizza1337’s post was pretty good.

albatr0ss
      Participant

Congrats for your cert!

I’ve taken mine too last month and am very happy with it though OSWP seems a bit outdated.

Right now I am wathing the wifi megaprimer on Securitytube and preparing to take the Securitytube Wireless Security Expert (SWSE) certification. As far as I have seen by now this material gives a lot more attention to WPA and client attacks whereas OSWP covers merely WEP attacks.

Anonymous
      Participant

Well done. so what is your next step you plan on taking ?

albatr0ss
      Participant

I’m going for SWSE… did you check out Vivek’s megaprimer on Securitytube?
      He came out with a Wifi Security certification too. It will start on october 15th. 200$ early registration (until 15th) after $250 the course material is free you pay only for the exam and cert give it a look I think it is worth… The exam lab, as far as I know at the moment, will have 10 AP and 4 wireless client with various os’s…

Give me a shout if you are go to take it too 😀

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

If you do decide to take the SWSW, we definitely would like a review. I would really like to get my hands on one of the wireless pentesting certs, but I kept hearing from people that OSWP is out dated, so maybe SWSE will gain some ground.

albatr0ss
      Participant

Well, the course starts october 15th… If I will manage to pass the exam I’ll write a review… 😉

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?