- This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 6 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
w00t! apologized for missing a while. just got my CISA result = passed! ;D
it took me a while as I’ve failed before previously.
But anyway, it took me 3 months of study. and I used the following:
1) CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor Study Guide by David L. Cannon (Paperback – Mar 24, 2008)
2) CISA Practice Question Database v9 English Edition
3) CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2009 Supplement (100 questionnaires)
I did not use the 2009 Review Manual as it’s just too many “old stories” inside. that’s why I just used the study guide by David L. Cannon.
this year I’m going for CISM/CISSP, after that, I think that’s all for the paper collection.
Congratulations and welcome back!
You should never stop collecting paper. I know I still have a ton of certs left to get before I die. 🙂
Well done and thanks for sharing the steps you took.
Nice job, kennut.
Thanks for the info on how you studied, as I’m sure it’ll help others. And as others have said, you never stop learning, so even if you didn’t get the paper, it’s all worth the time to stay on top of things.
thanks folks for the encouragement. Trying to score another one with CISM/CISSP. As an IT auditor, you need to have the cert to back you up. I’m glad that I also did CEH which gives me more insight of the tools being used.
Hope to contribute more in this forum. ;D
I’m starting my study routine now for the CISA. Just registered for the June exam. I’ve picked up a couple of books, and am going to hit up the big bosses for a boot camp when the time gets closer. Nothing like an intense brain beating right before hand to add a little insurance.
– EH-Net Live! “CISO Underrepresented“ w/ Mark Arnold and Steph Ihezukwu on Tues June 30 @ 1:00 PM US ET. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! May – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics” w/ Jake Williams from May 28.
– EH-Net Live! April – Video & Deck Available Now! for “IoT Hacking 101 – Firmware Funhouse!” w/ Village IDIOT Labs from April 23.
– EH-Net Live! March – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Deepfakes – A Technical Peek Behind the Curtain” w/ Alyssa Miller from March 31.
– EH-Net Live! January – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Shellcode for the Masses” w/ John Hammond from Jan 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.