I passed my CISA!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      kennut
      Participant

w00t! apologized for missing a while. just got my CISA result = passed!  ;D
      it took me a while as I’ve failed before previously.

But anyway, it took me 3 months of study. and I used the following:

1) CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor Study Guide by David L. Cannon (Paperback – Mar 24, 2008)

2) CISA Practice Question Database v9 English Edition

3) CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2009 Supplement (100 questionnaires)

I did not use the 2009 Review Manual as it’s just too many “old stories” inside. that’s why I just used the study guide by David L. Cannon.

this year I’m going for CISM/CISSP, after that, I think that’s all for the paper collection.

;D

jason
      Participant

Congrats!

impelse
      Participant

Congrats

unsupported
      Participant

Congratulations and welcome back!

You should never stop collecting paper.  I know I still have a ton of certs left to get before I die. 🙂

UNIX
      Participant

Congratulations. 😉

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Well done and thanks for sharing the steps you took.

Don

hayabusa
      Participant

Nice job, kennut.

Thanks for the info on how you studied, as I’m sure it’ll help others.  And as others have said, you never stop learning, so even if you didn’t get the paper, it’s all worth the time to stay on top of things. 

Congrats again!

kennut
      Participant

thanks folks for the encouragement. Trying to score another one with CISM/CISSP. As an IT auditor, you need to have the cert to back you up. I’m glad that I also did CEH which gives me more insight of the tools being used.

Hope to contribute more in this forum.  ;D

oneeyedcarmen
      Participant

I’m starting my study routine now for the CISA. Just registered for the June exam. I’ve picked up a couple of books, and am going to hit up the big bosses for a boot camp when the time gets closer. Nothing like an intense brain beating right before hand to add a little insurance.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?