I passed!!!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      DavidW
      Participant

I’ve been quiet since my initial post but wanted to chime in and let everyone know that I can now cross off another step toward my journey into InfoSec since I passed my Security+ exam with an 814.  Next up is starting to study for CEH.  ;D

ziggy_567
      Participant

Congratulations!!!

zeroflaw
      Participant

Congratulations, well done!

blackazarro
      Participant

Congrats!! Feels good doesn’t it…  😉

DavidW
      Participant

yes it does  😀

j0rDy
      Participant

congrats! a nice addition to your already obtained certs!

MicroJay
      Participant

Congrats!  🙂

impelse
      Participant

Congrats

UNIX
      Participant

congrats 😉

yatz
      Participant

Security+ is definitely a good baseline cert for security.  I see you have Microsoft admin certs, which is my background as well.  I’ve been able to use the Sec+ knowledge often enough in my admin job so it’s really good no matter what direction you choose.

Congratulations!

mallaigh
      Participant

Congratulations and nice score!

DavidW
      Participant

@yatz wrote:

Security+ is definitely a good baseline cert for security.  I see you have Microsoft admin certs, which is my background as well.  I’ve been able to use the Sec+ knowledge often enough in my admin job so it’s really good no matter what direction you choose.

Congratulations!

Thanks, I couldn’t agree more yatz.  As much fun as I had spending long nights in my home lab and reading books to study for all my Microsoft tests I don’t think I was as excited about passing a test as I was when I passed my Security+ test, as funny as that might sound.  I love to learn and the road of my MCSE journey was quite interesting but I prefer reading about pentesting related material more.  I have started studying for my CEH which I have been looking forward to starting but wanted to get my MCSE done first.  That was 2 years ago and I took a break then picked back up a couple of months ago to start studying for my Security+.  I couldn’t wait to get to this point.  After CEH I was thinking about PWB but we’ll have to see how things go.  🙂

Beckman11
      Participant

Congrats to you on passing.  I am planning on taking the sec+ exam by end of year.  I wanted to have it done by end of August but have been so busy at work that I have not gotten as much time into studying that I feel is needed yet. How much time did you put into the studying process, what tool (book etc) did you feel helped you the most when it came to studying, and what did you find most surprising about the exam?  Any response is appreciated very much. 

DavidW
      Participant

Thanks!!!  ;D  I used CompTIA Security+ Deluxe Study Guide: SY0-201 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470372966/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1MP02E3A37WTQ3RGAVKZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846 and my employer purchased a set of Testout CBTs which included SY0-101.  I only studied for about 3 weeks.  This gave me time to see what they were testing on so I could brush up in areas that I felt weak in.  I know how you feel when it comes to finding time to study, there never seems to be any but as we all do, we find time when we can.  I didn’t find anything surprising on the exam personally.  Good luck to you and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.  I’m personally just getting my feet wet on the security side but love it and will do my best to answer.

SAJU JANARDANAN
      Participant

Congratulations!!!!!!

goldnkid
      Participant

Congratulations!!!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?