I Passed!

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      KrisTeason
      Participant

Well it’s official guys – I received an e-mail this morning confirming me that I successfully received my OSCP Certification. I’m super excited and finally have something to throw in my signature. I may do a review similar to Ryan Linn’s. He covered a good review of the material that’s in the course and my opinion is very similar. I may even just give my opinion of the newly added sections (Like the linux buffer overflow exploitation section & updates web application attack section). I’ll keep everyone posted.

ziggy_567
      Participant

Congratulations!!!

You started off with what sounds to be probably one of the hardest certifications out there…

UNIX
      Participant

Congrats, xXxKrisxXx. 😉
      I’d certainly like to hear more about the newly added sections you mentioned.

Xen
      Participant

Congrats! Looking forward to the review. It’s really hard to believe that OSCP is someone’s first certificate. You must have some strong ninja skills:)

impelse
      Participant

Congrats

rattis
      Participant

way to go.

MicroJay
      Participant

Congrats!  Can’t wait to hear of your experience!
      ;D

Ketchup
      Participant

Congratulations!

Darktaurus
      Participant

Congrats!!

KrisTeason
      Participant

Thanks guys. @Equix3n-  My ninja skills aren’t too bad. I picked up on a large amount of info in the course and I’ve been using BackTrack since 2007 pretty actively. The exam was still rough. I’ll have something for you guys coming soon, making a post about it on my site right now.

Xen
      Participant

I meant that you must’ve had strong ninja skills prior to taking the course ;D (or whatever the grammar is. English isn’t my primary language)

caissyd
      Participant

Congratulations xXxKrisxXx !

I guess I am the next one taking the certification challenge in a couple of weeks. Was the exam tougher than the lab machines?

BillV
      Participant

Sweet, congrats man! Nice work 🙂

KrisTeason
      Participant

@h1t m0nk3y – Kind’ve and kind’ve not. I’ve penetrated 1 or 2 lab machines that were harder but there were also machines I had little chance of breaking. I finished the write-up on the 2 sections and my experience with the exam and had it published here. Thanks again guys. Going through the eLearnSecurity course right now I may do a write-up about how they compare in the later future.

-Kris

Xen
      Participant

I just read your review. Excellent writeup!
      I might do a similar review for eLeransecurity too.

caissyd
      Participant

xXxKrisxXx ,

You wrote a very good review of the course.

Especially, I didn’t know about:

The offsec guys have written scripts that automate tasks that everyday users would do (like browse to pages, check e-mails, etc) and your able to pull off cleverly crafted client-side attacks.

I am even more motivated now! Thanks!  ;D

hayabusa
      Participant

Congrats xXxKrisxXx!

mambru
      Participant

congrats xXxKrisxXx those are great news!!

I’ll be sitting for mine in few weeks, I hope to do it as good as you

N3WB134444
      Participant

I majorly failed the exam lol… got the scheduled time at a bad hour (cause i’m in a different time limit), couldn’t get my shellcode to work on an exploit and created and managed to exploit a machine i wasn’t supposed to with metasploit.Fun and games. Looking forward to a resit after more revision

zeroflaw
      Participant

Congrats! Must feel really good to accomplish something this tough.

I’m completing the registration process myself just now. Starting the 27th!

caissyd
      Participant

@N3WB134444 – What do you mean by this?

managed to exploit a machine i wasn’t supposed to with metasploit

hayabusa
      Participant

Guessing he hit a machine that was outside the scope / intended subnet.  Just like in the class exercises, where there are given subnets to attack, yet other machines ARE available and reachable from the attacking pc.

dalepearson
      Participant

Congratulations on passing mate, its a tough exam.

Red Bull and cake kept me going through mine 🙂

N3WB134444
      Participant

Unfortunately there are only certain machine you can target with metasploit. I will say no more

eternal_security
      Participant

@xXxKrisxXx wrote:

Well it’s official guys – I received an e-mail this morning confirming me that I successfully received my OSCP Certification. I’m super excited and finally have something to throw in my signature. I may do a review similar to Ryan Linn’s. He covered a good review of the material that’s in the course and my opinion is very similar. I may even just give my opinion of the newly added sections (Like the linux buffer overflow exploitation section & updates web application attack section). I’ll keep everyone posted.

Congratulations!  OSCP is a great cert to have and it shows that you really learned something in getting to and through the exam!

Kind regards,
      eternal_security

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?