I need solution to this

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  edwardlibb 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
     omajiman 
    Participant

Hello Dear!
    i have two pressing issues i will like the wonderful people of this forum to assist me with:
    (1)If there is identity theft attack or phishing attack. What information can I gather about this attack using network forensics.
    (2) I am current undergoing a post graduate course in information security, in a very short period i will start my thesis in the area of network forensics. Please i need advise on the current trends/project/topic to begin my research. I will appreciate help from you guys

dynamik 
    Participant

If you’re serious about this, setup a lab environment and attack yourself. Observe what you can find on the network level for various types of attacks.

The following course and book topics should provide you with a good starting place for brainstorming thesis topics.
    http://www.sans.org/course/advanced-network-forensics-analysis

markjohnson 
    Participant

I will be providing a link for FREE forensics training course tomorrow on this forum , it will definitely help you in you thesis ..

edwardlibb 
    Participant

Hi! It looks like your question is outdated already, however, if somebody would find yourself in the same situation, I can advise some solutions. Considering the fact that most of the community represent small groups of blockchain enthusiasts and individual researchers, I wouldn’t recommend such sophisticated solutions like Chainalysis or Ciphertrace due to their corporate-shaped forms and pricing. I personally use the tool, made by the Cryptohound team (c-hound.ai), which is more advanced than an average wallet explorer, yet free and accessible (unlike professional B2B crypto forensics tools).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?