I deleted system32 on my vista! HELP!!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      smithe
      Participant

I can’t remember how I did but it’s gone. nothing works now. Not system restore, or programs, etc….
      What do I do?

BillV
      Participant

Windows repair?

hackly66
      Participant

Try this link if you dont have the Disk—>http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

smithe
      Participant

I tried Windows Repair but it didn’t help. It looks like I’ve deleted the part of the system that plays applications.  :-[
      What can I do?
      I’ll try the site listed but I don’t think it’ll work. :-[

Clay Briggs
      Participant

I have nothing to add about your system 32 issue there bud… other than boot into linux, and suck off the data that you need.  IE, your files, favorites, etc onto a piece of removable media.  Then reinstall winblows and copy back said data.

Just wait till you start playing around in the registry, it is a playground most wonderous and dangerous. 🙂

smithe
      Participant

@g00d_4sh wrote:

I have nothing to add about your system 32 issue there bud… other than boot into linux, and suck off the data that you need.  IE, your files, favorites, etc onto a piece of removable media.  Then reinstall winblows and copy back said data.

Just wait till you start playing around in the registry, it is a playground most wonderous and dangerous. 🙂

Actually I think that’s how I caused the problem. Now I can’t get back into it to fix it manually. Well I’m out of ideas anyway. Vista sucks but I need the extra pc. There must be something I can do. Does it help if you know I’ve already got all the important info off the lat top i need?

Ketchup
      Participant

If you can find an identical version of Vista on another machine, you can boot back to Linux and copy the SYSTEM32 folder from that machine.

UNIX
      Participant

I would recommend (if possible) to copy your important data on an external hdd, using for example the LiveCD Knoppix, and re-install your system.

Does it help if you know I’ve already got all the important info off the lat top i need?

Well, where’s then the problem? If you have all necessary data you need, why not reinstalling?
      If you don’t know what you have done in order to cause this problem it will somehow hard to redo the steps in order to make it working again.

Michael J. Conway
      Participant

I’ve done similar damage to my hd like mucking up the boot sector. I had to reimage the drive. Like g00d said, pull off your important docs and settign (favorites) and rebuild the system from your install disk or recovery disk. Good luck.

putosusio
      Participant

why would you delete the system32 folder?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?