I changed my handle name

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      blackazarro
      Participant

Hey y’all, just to let everyone know that I changed my handle from “blackazarro” to “nebu10z” for personal reasons. Thanks!!  🙂

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

So is that pronouned…

Neb You Tens

Don

jason
      Participant

I was thinking

neb you lows

or

neh bull oz

or maybe even

neb you lose

;D

bamed
      Participant

Changing ur handle?  Doesn’t that require a lot of paperwork and beurocratic red tape?  At least a DNS change right? AFXR?

On a side note, I’ve gone by bamed for over a decade.  It’s quite simple and has to do with my initials.  I never knew it actually meant something until someone looked it up in the Urban Dictionary for me:

Bamed
      Adjective. Drunk, wasted.
      “I was so bamed last night!” or, “Lets get BAMED!

Gives a new meaning when I kill someone in Halo and say, “You’ve been BAMED!”

hayabusa
      Participant

Nice, bamed…  ::)  lol!  I’ve been Hayabusa for a long time, but someone took it on a lot of my frequented sites, so I just appended 0194 to it, for randomness, sometimes…

bamed
      Participant

If I need variation for some reason, which I seldom do, I go with bamed337.  As in bamed + 1337 = bamed337.

Ya, I know.  But it was cool when I was in High School in the 90s right?

rattis
      Participant

I’ve gone by both chrisj and rattis since the 90s, I have a few I use when I’m trying to hide it’s me, but actually changing something i’ve been using so long would seem strange to me

unsupported
      Participant

Back “before the internet was the internet”, ie. back in the days of the BBS I used to go with Cthulhu.  Then on the internet, it’s always been Unsupported.  Even though people would mistake me for a female who did not wear a bra.  harumpf!  Go figure.

Man, the BBS days were the best.  The greatest day in my life was to learn that my 1200 baud modem was really 2400! Oh, and then I discovered a a terminal client that supported color ANSI.  Memories… light the corners of my mind… misty water colored memories.. of the way we were…

blackazarro
      Participant

It’s pronounced like the word nebulous but I thought it was cool changing the letters a bit specially the 1 and 0 for the binary system. I’m not sure to stick with the word how it is or add a “u” and have it spelled this way -> nebu10uz, which I think is easier to read. What do you guys think?

rattis
      Participant

It’s really a matter of your own tastes. You’re re-branding yourself, and creating the identity you’ll be known as in the EH community. It has to be something you’re happy with.

jason
      Participant

nebu10uz would definitely be clearer…

vijay2
      Participant

Do I see a hint of Social Engineering in this thread ?

umm maybe its Monday and I am over reacting ….

VJ

oneeyedcarmen
      Participant

I’ve been thinking of rebranding. OneEyedCarmen came about b/c I used to tend bar at a place called One Eyed Mike’s, and Carmen is my last name…makes it a little hard to be anonymous, but it’s stuck for so long, I think the risks do not outweigh the rewards.

And vijay2, if you send my your email address and password, I’ll gladly explain how this is exactly NOT like social engineering  😉

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?