How to find IP of another person on net..?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      rahulr
      Participant

Well i am interested to know is there any way of finding the ip of a person , not by deceiving him.
      There are ways like , asking him/her to visit a page and then we fetch the ip of the person  or writing a php script for that , but i want to find his / her ip directly , is there any way to do that ..?

Besides , when i tried any of the techniques mentioned above  , i got the DNS for that user not the IP which is assigned to it.

PS :  its strictly realtd to educational purpose only , and the person i am mentioned is my research mate.

Ketchup
      Participant

Did you resolve the DNS name you got?  Use the nslookup command.

Kev
      Participant

If all you got was the DNS for a you did something wrong. You can easily get the IP, and sometimes even the kind of Browser and OS of the average user. Well,unless he is going through some kind of proxy. One of the two most popular ways of getting an IP is as you mentioned and the other is to send a coded email that when opened returns an IP. Both techniques could be classified as social engineering or tricking the individual as you stated and are not fool proof. The personal information connected to an IP address are usually guarded by an ISP and usually are only given out with a court order.

h0les
      Participant

If you have your research mate listed on a messenging application you may be able to find their ip by transfering a file over which in some instances doesn’t traverse the message providers network but does a direct peer to peer transfer. You would then be able to see the ip address whilst sniffing.

rahulr
      Participant

@h0les wrote:

If you have your research mate listed on a messenging application you may be able to find their ip by transfering a file over which in some instances doesn’t traverse the message providers network but does a direct peer to peer transfer. You would then be able to see the ip address whilst sniffing.

i have listed the messenger in the messaging application and i also have his DNS.
      Wat is the IP sniffing ur talking about.

Michael J. Conway
      Participant

I would go with one of Kev’ suggestions.  Personally, I would go with email though.  When an email is sent, it has a header field that is added to every time it passes through a mail server.  There are ways to get a read reciept from the user without there knowing.  That response will have the target IP address.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?