How hard is the CEH exam really?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      elena
      Participant

Hello,

I have planed to take my CEH exam on Friday, but since there are only a few days left, I am starting to get a little afraid. The v6 has 67 modules and I really can’t say that I know all of them.
      Can give me anyone some advice, what modules are really important and if the exam is really that hard?

I took the 5-day CEH cource and I have some background knowledge about security, but mostly about programming and cryptography.

Thanks!
      Elena

Kev
      Participant

What are you afraid of, failure? That is not the spirit of a true hacker. As hackers we fail daily, but persist till we get in or decide its impossible. There is nothing wrong with failing a test one time and taking it over. How many times it took to pass the test will not be printed on the front of your cert. My thinking would be go ahead and take the test since its already set up and if you need to do it again, so what.

elena
      Participant

Sure I am afraid of failure – what else :).Β  Even if this is not the spirit of a true hacker …

But ok, I worked hard so far and I hope I worked hard enough to pass the test.

By the way, I did the CEH sample test on the EC-Counsil site and I am not sure if the correct answer for question 8 is really c because I think b would make more sense … ?

I keep you posted how my exam went πŸ™‚

plan2000
      Participant

@elena wrote:

By the way, I did the CEH sample test on the EC-Counsil site and I am not sure if the correct answer for question 8 is really c because I think b would make more sense … ?

whether the SSID is default or not – it is still can be seen easilly and this is the point
      good luck with your exam πŸ™‚

Kev
      Participant

@elena wrote:

Ok good luck and dont stress it.Β  Its really not too bad.

rvs
      Participant

I guess its hard when you fail and its out of pocket… :'(

UNIX
      Participant

I wish you good luck as well, elena. Let us know, if you have passed and if the exam was as hard as you have thought. πŸ˜‰

KamiCrazy
      Participant

Good luck, I didn’t find it hard but it wasn’t as challenging as some of the other certs I’ve done.

t3kn3k4l
      Participant

I wish you luck as well, let us all know the results!Β  πŸ˜‰

elena
      Participant

Hi,

it was really nice of all of you to wish me luck!

Sadly I cannot take the exam tomorrow, because the CEH exam voucher I got at my CEH exam is invalid. I talked with the company where I took my couse on Montay to tell them I have a problem. – They answered my request, but they could not manage to help me, even though they had 4 days …
      I am sad and angry about this, because I studied so hard and did almoust nothing but learn the last weeksΒ  :-[

I can’t take my exam next week, because I will be in London. Maybe the week after that, if the problem with the exam voucher is fixed …

PS: if my english sounds a little strange sometimes I apologize – I am from Austria and I do my bestΒ  πŸ™‚

UNIX
      Participant

Mh, thats bad, keep us updated though.

May I ask from where exactly in Austria? πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright Β©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?