Home Auto. Systems

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MTGreen 2 months ago.

• Author
     BillV 
    Participant

Who’s doing some cool things with their home automation stuff and what are you using? I’ve got a few Echo Dots that I haven’t really tapped into much. I do like the ability to use them as a multi-room audio setup as well as intercom system. Also messed with some Christmas lights that they could control but that wasn’t all that exciting :-/

MTGreen 
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Last Christmas I bought an Onkyo home theater system and some speakers. I had some nice Bose speakers that blew out our old amplifier. I wanted to make the TV sound better but did not want to go with a sound bar because I wanted to listen to music and use the Bose speakers I already had. I added a center channel speaker that complemented everything well. The issue then was finding speakers and system that together could handle the amps. Bose was 4-8 while most others were 3-6. That’s what blew out the old system. I found a reasonably priced Onkyo that could be configured to support 4-8 and 3-6.

I do not know that any of this amounts to a cool thing, but the kids liked it, and still comment on how they like the sound. The main reason I did it was for the Mrs. and she was happy with it too. I learned that sound options had changed quite a bit since I last looked at them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Copyright ©2018 Caendra, Inc.

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?