Holiday Ideas

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      apollo
      Participant

I’m working on making a list for what might be good gifts for the holiday season.  I have no idea.  What thoughts do y’all have ?

dalepearson
      Participant

A Fon?

Gifts for who??

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

How about Programmable Robot Kits:

http://www.hobbyengineering.com/SectionRK.html

I don’t know this company. Just found it on Google and they had a pretty good selection.

Don

phn1x
      Participant

Books always top my list!

When it comes to books I tend to be cheap, especially at $50-$150 a book for our industry.

apollo
      Participant

I’m primarily looking for cool things to give adult males.  I have a number of co-workers who I need to get gifts for, and aside from a bigger lab with more toys in it, I need to find some reasonable things that I might like.  I’m completely out of touch with what cool new gadgets and toys are out there.

phn1x: I completely agree with you there.  I love the books.

RoleReversal
      Participant

@apollo wrote:

I’m primarily looking for cool things to give adult males.  I have a number of co-workers who I need to get gifts for, and aside from a bigger lab with more toys in it, I need to find some reasonable things that I might like.  I’m completely out of touch with what cool new gadgets and toys are out there.

phn1x: I completely agree with you there.  I love the books.

I haven’t got this myself yet, but I have heard good things about it:
      Build Your Own Security Lab: A Field Guide for Network Testing (Paperback).
      It’s a book that could get people a bigger lab with more toys, two birds with one stone 😉

NickFnord
      Participant

just thought I’d throw in http://www.thinkgeek.com.  lots of not quite so useful but very cool stuff there – I bought myself a “I Hate ties” (written in binary) tie and my wife an “I love my geek” a while back (she actually wears it!). 

very cool gifts for a range of prices anyway. 😀

Michael J. Conway
      Participant

My wife and I also like thinkgeek.com. She got a “There’s no place like 127.0.0.1” t-shirt.  I want to get the trebuchet kit. Good luck.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?