Hmmm, thats odd – big differences between V2 and V3?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
     Anonymous 
    Participant

Hey guys, I have signed up for a bootcamp next week for the ECSA, and all of my pre-reading material looks to be V2, not V3.

Are there huge differences in the 2?  Looks like there is much more on Logging, and the Google Hacks section looks to be more in detail.

Anyone have any feedback on V3 vs V2?

How different is the exam?  (Though I guess noone here has taken both)

BillV 
    Participant

Who is the training provider you have signed up to take the course with? The difference in version material is significant as the new course covers both ECSA and LPT topics. There are 3 course books instead of 2 and the material is a bit different. The test, however, should be fairly close to the same right now. If you have the opportunity to take the exam at the end of your class next week, I’d recommend that you do so.

Anonymous 
    Participant

Security University (from the cccure site, also recommended by some of my amigos)

The test is on Friday, immediately after the course, so Ill be taking it then.

So, is it as technical as the CEH exam?  The material doesnt really look as “specific” – not so much with specific switches, a bit less of the endless parade of tools, etc.

Ive gone over the reading material a few times already – just hope its not all that different.

Thanks for the assist.

BillV 
    Participant

I don’t know. I thought the questions seemed to be fairly close to that on the CEH exam. Some people say that the ECSA isn’t as technical and is easier, but in my opinion it seemed on the same level.

Anonymous 
    Participant

Im surprised that the test only covers Mod 1-10 on the EC Council Website, as some of the real good stuff is later than that.

Also, my Version 2 stuff doesnt have much about logging, or setting up a DMZ – so thats a bit unnerving.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?