help with man in middle attacks

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eliseo52 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
     mkochendorfer 
    Participant

is it possible for a man in the middle attack to lead to raid array or rather the creation of dynamic disk usage with hdd’s? I swear it joined me to a domain I cant get out of. Admin turned to ADMINS with roaming profiles….

After clean re install what should I do?

Does even nook color need clean install?

How can i safeguard against this in future?

anything funny I can send to middle man that lets him know he is BUSTED and shame on him tsk tsk.

I am a student in ITT more of a networking and san field however.
    Thank you for any help you may contribute in advance!  :-*
    –MeganK

MrTuxracer 
    Participant

MITM attacks in their original form are mainly used for intercepting / sniffing traffic. So this could probably lead to a compromised administrative account on your local machine or your network, and this could lead to a lot of interesting behaviours of course. But you need to have some major “open doors” on your network for a MITM within your network to be successful. It’s more likely that a single workstation infected with some kind of (keylogging) malware is the source of such a threat.

Anyways, it’s hard to assess wether it’s a real incident or just some kind of new gpo being rolled out without any further details 😉

Regards.

Eliseo52 
    Participant

Post is nicely written and it contains many good things for me. I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?