• Author
      yatz
      Participant
      jsm725
      Participant

A new RUaNinja Challenge?  😉

yatz
      Participant

Yeah, except for this one you don’t even get a book!

😛

Still, it would be fun to put 10 minutes into it.

WCNA
      Participant

If the FBI can’t crack it (at least that’s their story) then it’s likely a one time pad….uncrackable.

rattis
      Participant

Bruce Schneier’s blog seems to have a good thread going on this topic too.

hayabusa
      Participant

My thought…  I doubt it’s a 1-time.  Unless this guy was some ‘secret agent’, they say he did this all the time.  That being said, it should be something he could at least ‘fairly’ easily reverse, for himself.  It may be complicated (more than a simple substitution) but I can’t believe it would be TOO complicated…

yatz
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

My thought…  I doubt it’s a 1-time.  Unless this guy was some ‘secret agent’, they say he did this all the time.  That being said, it should be something he could at least ‘fairly’ easily reverse, for himself.  It may be complicated (more than a simple substitution) but I can’t believe it would be TOO complicated…

This is what I was thinking too, but…

@WCNA wrote:

If the FBI can’t crack it (at least that’s their story) then it’s likely a one time pad….uncrackable.

Then again, this kind of thing has been done before.  Experts spend years on a problem and then some 15-year old solves it out of nowhere.  Didn’t this happen with figuring out mayan mathematics?  There are other examples of this too.

Looks like this is getting a lot of press.

hayabusa
      Participant

I haven’t really followed any of the outside links on this, with exception of reading the FBI’s page, itself.  Is it just me, or does it seem like at least ALMOST every ‘apparent’ word or phrase ends in an E?  Coincidence…  I doubt it.

rattis
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

I haven’t really followed any of the outside links on this, with exception of reading the FBI’s page, itself.  Is it just me, or does it seem like at least ALMOST every ‘apparent’ word or phrase ends in an E?  Coincidence…  I doubt it.

Some of the external links noticed that too. Don’t remember which ones though.

Pookie
      Participant

The last word has no E on either page, likely the key

hayabusa
      Participant

To me, the end of that second page almost looks like a date…  Digging on Roman Numerals, and playing, almost looked like Mil (Milennium) and 630, so I wondered it it was some reference to some year 1630 prediction, or something.  But then again, if he was less-than-well-educated, I figured, he probably had no clue of such. 

Who knows…  Might still play with it.  Might not.  😛

BillV
      Participant

Sounds like ‘John’ down in the comments on the Yahoo page has it worked out pretty well.

WCNA
      Participant

Most replied comment-

That’s easy… it says: “Be sure to drink your Ovaltine”…. nailed it!

😀

hayabusa
      Participant

@BillV wrote:

Sounds like ‘John’ down in the comments on the Yahoo page has it worked out pretty well.

LOL!  No doubt  ;D

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?