Help??

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Pheonix 7102
      Participant

ok, I want to become an ethical hacker but need a place to start. I have started on a few languages but haven’t really commited to one completely yet. Which one is the best to learn that isn’t too hard to figure out? I have heard a bunch of people saying i should get linux. is this true that it would help me that much? so my real question is, what language should I learn, where and what other tools do i need to get into ethical hacking and to find holes in systems. I’m not looking for certification but I want some descent experience in it for programming and a little bit of exploration. this topic has caught my attention for a while and my curiosity has finally aroused me. Everyone I have heard wants to hack but they don’t want to commit to it. Well i do so what do I need to do? And exactly how limited is Python if i choose to learn it as a first and move to HTML or Java later on. I want to remote access, explore ports and do the like. I have a little experience in it. the nooby stuff like NETBIOS hacking but that isn’t even close for ethical hacking. “umm..u have no holes because ur port 20 isn’t open…” “u are supposed to be checking a program, sir not our security over the internet..” “oh…umm this is aukward.” yes that is what it would be like. So again, where do i start? ??? ??? ???

loki
      Participant

My advice is to start in java, yes get linux, try using DOS command prompt on your network, and I perfer C++ but get involved in Perl.

RoleReversal
      Participant

Java?

Whilst the language isn’t bad (coded it for 4 years as part of university course) I can’t think of any security tools written in java.

Personally I’d suggest Python/Perl and C, and if you’re going the linux route get comfortable with shell scripting.

shednik
      Participant

@RoleReversal wrote:

Java?

Whilst the language isn’t bad (coded it for 4 years as part of university course) I can’t think of any security tools written in java.

Personally I’d suggest Python/Perl and C, and if you’re going the linux route get comfortable with shell scripting.

+1…I’d have to say that is your best route…I never liked Java anyway!

Michael J. Conway
      Participant

We have a few Perl mongers around here as well as a C/C++ guru or two. The big thing here though, is not necessarily being able to program, but be able to follow source code for analysis. Good luck.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?