Hello and thank you!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      MatP
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to these forums, I’ve been reading as much as I can over the past couple of weeks, soaking in the vast amount of knowledge the other members here have provided and I must say there is a lot of good information. So thank you everyone who has contributed to these forums!

As for me, my name is Mat, a couple of months ago I graduated from a college level Computer Security program and after graduating I started working as the Security Administrator for a major automotive company on a contract basis. The hope is that the position turns into a full-time, permanent position (my manager would like to keep me, but he has to convince his managers that security is important, so he can’t make me any promises).

So far I’ve really enjoyed the work and I’m glad to have finally gotten some real experience (as opposed to classroom based lab experience) in the field. Over the past few weeks of doing a variety of different things for my job I’ve decided that Penetration Testing/Ethical Hacking is where I would like to focus my career as I gain more experience and continue learning/earning certifications.

I will probably be mostly quiet on these forums for the moment as I continue to learn. I just wanted to finally take the time to register and say hello!

– Mat

zeroflaw
      Participant

Welcome to EH-Net, Mat! Sounds like you’re well on your way 8)

Knb15
      Participant

Welcome to the forums Matt, I’m kind of a “new guy” here too just like you. The guys here have so much knowledge and experience and they are always willing to help!

DavidW
      Participant

Mat, welcome to the forums.

hayabusa
      Participant

This sounds like a bad cliche’ / reference, but I’ll also – roll out the ‘Welcome Matt!’

(OK, so I’m on meds from a car accident a few weeks ago, and that just struck me as funny tonight!    Bad pun)

MatP
      Participant

Thank you for the warm welcome 🙂

And hayabusa, my nickname at my part-time job while I was in highschool was doormat so no worries 😛

UNIX
      Participant

Welcome at EH-Net, Mat.

Xen
      Participant

Welcome to the forums, Mat.

Anquilas
      Participant

Welcome to EHN m8!

secureseve
      Participant

Welcome to the forums, and good luck in your adventures!

yatz
      Participant

Welcome!

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

I’ll second the Thank You part of Mat’s message. The many welcomes he received shows just how willing to help members of our community are.

Glas you made yourself known. Let us know if there’s anything we can do for you.

Don

j0rDy
      Participant

and a warm welcome from me too…hope your stay will be a good one, and remember, IF you got something to contribute, please do!

oh, and dont mind hayabusa, his jokes are better when he is not on drugs  😉

hayabusa
      Participant

@j0rDy wrote:

and a warm welcome from me too…hope your stay will be a good one, and remember, IF you got something to contribute, please do!

oh, and dont mind hayabusa, his jokes are better when he is not on drugs  😉

L-O-L!!!!!  Thanks!

MatP
      Participant

Again, many thanks for the warm welcome. You seem to be a very friendly community 🙂

I will certainly contribute where possible, though for the moment I’m certainly primarily in a learning stage. I really enjoyed the talk floating around here from the ChicagoCon a couple of years ago, Don. Very insightful so thank you for that.

Thanks for the warning j0rDy, I’ll keep that in mind 😉

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?