Hardware Hacking

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      camsen
      Participant

I am doing my engineering with major in electronics. I like coding but I like the Hardware part more.
      I have taken two courses: CEH & eCPPT.
      I wanted to know is there any course on something like hardware security?
      My special interest is in server and nano programming.
      Please help! ???

rattis
      Participant

Maybe the others here will have a better understanding what you mean by Hardware Security, but could you explain it to me?

Right now, all I can think is the physical hardware security of the systems. Things like limiting access; filling the device with epoxy to prevent parts being added, removed or modified; tamper evident labels on teh devices; etc.

camsen
      Participant

Yes! those kind of things.
      Can you please elaborate?

Shock
      Participant

This is the nearest thing I can think of.

Training

dynamik
      Participant

I don’t know of any official training, but you should look for local DefCon groups and other hackerspaces and/or attend conferences and do some networking at the hardware hacking villages. There are definitely others out there that have similar interests. 

rattis
      Participant

The CISSP has a domain on Physical Security, but that is the only cert that I know of that does.

Beyond the defcon groups try to find a local lock sport group. those usually have people all about physical security in them. Somewhere else to look is Maker Spaces. they’ll get physical with the hardware.

camsen
      Participant

Thank You All. 🙂

Do anyone know anything about reverse circuiting? 
          😮
                ::)

tturner
      Participant

We will have hackable badges at B-Sides Orlando and a hardware hacking workshop http://bit.ly/BSidesORL /endshamelessplug  ;D

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?