Hacme Bank

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      macdaddy
      Participant

I’m trying to use the Hacme Bank tutorial from Foundstone and I’m having an issue getting it up and running.

I’m using VMware, the base is pre SP1 of XP Pro, and I’ve met all of the pre-req’s that Foundstone has laid out but when I go to login I either get the code of the page inside IE or I get the actual page when it does work, however the input boxes for the username and password are non existent and therefore the app is pretty much useless.

Anyone else ever ran into this or have suggestions? By the way I have even deleted the virtual and started over from scratch with the whole project.

Thanks in advance.

bluto
      Participant

Sounds like you need to tie .net to IIS. Here is a good article with an explanation on how to do so.

Hope this helps.

http://www.pingtrip.com/weblog/2008/09/installing-hacme-bank-on-xp-pro

macdaddy
      Participant

Hey B….

Thanks for the help, but why didn’t you just tell me this instead of posting.

Later B

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

We appreciate the posting, so that others who might experience the same issue have something to go on.

So thanks!!

Don

elcapitan
      Participant

Hey macdaddy,

If you don’t have much luck with setting up Hackme Bank, maybe give Altoro Mutual a try at demo.testfire.net .

No configuration needed  🙂  , but maybe you already pwned this one.

macdaddy
      Participant

ElCapitan….

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll have to take a look at this after I get done with the Hacme Bank. I have to do the Hacme Bank it’s actually part of the summer course that I am taking to finish my B.S. degree. Bluto and I both are taking the same course so I’ll share the information with him also.

Thanks for the pointers, in fact if you have anymore feel free to share. I’m always looking to learn something new.

mohaab
      Participant
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?