Hackingdojo

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      brd0fb3auty13
      Participant

Has anyone taken the Mukyu or the Shodan course from hackingdojo.com? A little background about me… I am trying to transition over to the penetration testing/ethical hacking world. Currently, I work as a UI developer. With that said, I do not have much experience in this field.

I have tried to do self-study, but found it difficult since I am so new in the field. I enrolled to take the eCPPT course, but could not complete it due to all of the information. I felt overwhelmed.

For the people who have done the Shodan course, how did you feel about the course?

Thanks.

UNIX
      Participant

In case you didn’t come across it already, here is a review about the Shodan Foundational Class. Can’t give any personal recommendation though, as I haven’t taken any of HackingDojo’s classes.

esojzuir
      Participant

Hi:

I’m currently studying with him. I finished the foundations class and it’s really good. His videos have a relaxed tone and the supplemental material is good. I’ve checked eCPPT and the difference is that they are 80% reading 20% videos from an instructor guiding you. Tom is the oposite. Plus you have a 20+ live targets hacking lab for you to practice at no extra charge. He has a special going on right now with a 50% off the classes. If I were you I’ll go for it… Just my 2 cents

His pentest book is also a great tool to have along with the course. He follows a clear methodology that helps you on the real world, it’s not just hack this or that. It’s: follow this procedure so you can finish your testing with a decent report based on a standard. Highly recommended

impelse
      Participant

esojzuir

You answered a lot my questions, I read his book and I always keep thinking a need a methology to work in order and completed without focus to much in everything (means not a real focus).

I’ve been reading a lot of books, took many trainings but I still need to became solid and had one way to do it.

I took 4 years ago one training from Heorodot.com (his old site), and I remember pritty good how he tought about compramise the account and target, it was good, I still remember it.

MaXe
      Participant

I’ve done most of the Shodan course, however I failed at cracking some passwords. Despite that I tried idunno, 50-100’000 relevant variations of the mentioned topic, and 165 million random different passwords. Did any of them crack? Nope.

Seen
      Participant

@MaXe wrote:

I’ve done most of the Shodan course, however I failed at cracking some passwords. Despite that I tried idunno, 50-100’000 relevant variations of the mentioned topic, and 165 million random different passwords. Did any of them crack? Nope.

I failed at cracking some of the passwords as well MaXe.  I spent weeks after trying to crack them but couldn’t get them.

Grendel
      Participant

Not really the point of the thread, but I have a default group of dictionaries I use that contain over 165 million, and that’s just the starting list (which would not have found the words you were looking for either). I also screen scrape web sites of clients and find new dictionaries unique to the target, which often yield better results than the default dics.

impelse
      Participant

@Grendel wrote:

Not really the point of the thread, but I have a default group of dictionaries I use that contain over 165 million, and that’s just the starting list (which would not have found the words you were looking for either). I also screen scrape web sites of clients and find new dictionaries unique to the target, which often yield better results than the default dics.

I think is the is the better way to crack the password, use the info in their website or social network where they visit

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?