HackingDojo.com helped me get my DREAM JOB

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      haxrbyte
      Participant

I landed my dream job today, and this was made possible by being part of HackingDojo.com. For years I wanted to become a Professional Penetration Tester, but was lacking something…  I then found Hackingdojo.com, and they gave me what I needed to get a job at the biggest Penetration Testing Company on the planet. No matter what your level of skill is, HackingDojo.com caters for all, there is training from novice to advanced and is unique in the sense that you can learn at your own pace and you get mentored by Thomas Wilhelm himself. So if your dream is to become a Professional Penetration Tester, don’t wait sign up today…

;D

[move:3po0mp2r]http://hackingdojo.com[/move:3po0mp2r]

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Congrats.

What’s next on your career path?

Don

haxrbyte
      Participant

well, I’m just going to start the new job for now. I will see how it goes, I will try to become the best I can be.

when I’m bored I will take it from there…

I’m still going through all the level at the hackingdojo so that will keep me busy as well.  😉

Anonymous
      Participant

Well Done haxrbyte hope it goes well for you.

pozer69
      Participant

Congrats…
      What company? What level did you complete at the hacking dojo? I am currently enrolled now as a 1D.

MaXe
      Participant

Congratulations haxrbyte  🙂

Unfortunately, HackingDojo alone, would for many not result in a job directly, but I’m very glad on your behalf.  ;D

I’ve had a long struggle to get a foot within InfoSec, and so far that is only in the voluntary world. However, on the other side, it’s some of the best company I’m with, so I’m glad that I at least have that  😉

Congrats again haxrbyte

@pozer69: Nice!  🙂

haxrbyte
      Participant

Hi pozer69,

I completed my 2D classes 2 weeks ago, waiting to do my cert. Then I will continue with the 3D stuff…

haxrbyte
      Participant

Thank you MaXe.

jimjohnson23
      Participant

I’m just curious though, how much you got paid to advertise hackingdojo. Not so subtle.. lol.

rattis
      Participant

Considering the person that started the Hacking Dojo, and some students hang out here. Haxrbyte probably didn’t get paid at all.

I know I haven’t been paid for the praising I’ve done for it.

jimjohnson23
      Participant

🙁 Sorry. I’m a turd sandwich.

rattis
      Participant

@jimjohnson23 wrote:

🙁 Sorry. I’m a turd sandwich.

Nah, with only having 6 posts, it just sounds like you are new, I wasn’t trying to shoot you down. I was just pointing out some things you didn’t know.

I think it’s a decent class / program.

nonexistententity
      Participant

@chrisj wrote:

Chris,

Considering the changes made over the last month or so, would you still consider this a good program?

-N33

nonexistententity
      Participant

@haxrbyte wrote:

I landed my dream job today, and this was made possible by being part of HackingDojo.com. For years I wanted to become a Professional Penetration Tester, but was lacking something…  I then found Hackingdojo.com, and they gave me what I needed to get a job at the biggest Penetration Testing Company on the planet. No matter what your level of skill is, HackingDojo.com caters for all, there is training from novice to advanced and is unique in the sense that you can learn at your own pace and you get mentored by Thomas Wilhelm himself. So if your dream is to become a Professional Penetration Tester, don’t wait sign up today…

;D

[move:tduwpmz5]http://hackingdojo.com[/move:tduwpmz5]

haxrbyte,

other than your current (new) job, what is your level of experience in the Information Security world? Relatively little? Or do you have a background in it prior to HackingDojo?

-N33

tturner
      Participant

@nonexistententity wrote:

@chrisj wrote:

Chris,

Considering the changes made over the last month or so, would you still consider this a good program?

-N33

What changes?

nonexistententity
      Participant

@tturner wrote:

What changes?

Things like Tom’s relative absence from Shodan classes in favor of having another student who just recently passed his Shodan exam teach the class. Chris just mentioned that he had given the courses lots of praise in the past and I was wondering if that had changed. I’ve heard a great deal from current students in the past 6 weeks regarding a change in the environment and I was curious if it had affected anyone else’s opinion.

-N33

rattis
      Participant

@nonexistententity wrote:

@tturner wrote:

What changes?

Things like Tom’s relative absence from Shodan classes in favor of having another student who just recently passed his Shodan exam teach the class. Chris just mentioned that he had given the courses lots of praise in the past and I was wondering if that had changed. I’ve heard a great deal from current students in the past 6 weeks regarding a change in the environment and I was curious if it had affected anyone else’s opinion.

-N33

To be completely honest, I still think it’s a great program. Having former students teaching it is a good thing. or at least goes along with concept of a Dojo, where more advanced students teach the lower ranks. It gives them experience talking to people and dealing with being asked questions.

That said, I think it’s a little early, for it. I personally would have waited a year before starting that. Just to build the ranks better. But learning to teach, is now part of the course and I applaud that.

However, due to my time constraints, I don’t think I’m getting everything out of the the class I could be. I have been questioning whether or not to stick it out. I have some serious time crunches going on and miss a lot of classes.

But I still think it’s a good class for those just getting into it. it teaches them a basic skill that I think too many people maybe missing out on. Professional Hacking isn’t just about going out and doing it, it’s about having a method, being able to repeat the results, and showing the work in the report.

Tancred
      Participant

FWIW, I’m a new student with HackingDojo.com and haxrbyte is actually my teacher for the novice-level class (1R); *waves*.  As far as the presence/absence of Thomas, I should point out that while we interact with our direct teacher, we actually also get access to a video version recorded by Thomas as well, so we can hear the material presented to us in two different styles.  So far (really early into the n00b class, mind), that’s been more than enough to help the material come across. 

Anonymous
      Participant

I have recently got my break into the security industry and I must say I think the hackingdojo helped me. The only experience I had was the OSWP course everything else has pretty much come from hackingdojo and research. I started off with the Mukyu class and now taking the Shodan exam.

The company who interviewed me was impressed that I was spending my own money and working on my skills. Also some of the question they asked me I knew because they were covered in the classes like what are the problems with LM hashes.

I also think having students teach other students is excellent. As they can give another view. I also know the other student who teaching has experience and he is not just someone who has goes up through the ranks of the classes. He does hold some other certificates.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?