Hacking Dojo – iPad 2 give-away

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Grendel
      Participant

We are very close to meeting our maximum class size at HackingDojo.com, and I wanted to give a HUGE push to get the class filled, so I am randomly giving away an iPad 2 (16GB WiFi) for every 10 students enrolled!

To be eligible for the random drawing for one of the iPad 2 tablets,  you must be enrolled before June 1, and continue to be enrolled by July 15, 2011. The drawing will be conducted July 15.

Students who are currently enrolled and maintain their enrollment on July 15 will also be included in the drawing.

For more information about the drawing or the course, visit HackingDojo.com

Grendel
      Participant

To answer an email…

Yes, if you enroll in the novice class scheduled for July-August, you are eligible for the drawing, assuming you sign up before June 1. Be warned, there are only 8 slots in that class still open, and they fill up quickly.

Grendel
      Participant

Time to sweeten the deal –

For the next 24 hours, anyone who signs up for the Shodan class and remains a member through July 15 will not only be eligible to randomly receive an iPad 2, but also receive a free copy of Ninja Hacking, in either a paperback or kindle version (their choice).

To sign up or find out more, visit HackingDojo.com

Grendel
      Participant

Time to CHANGE the deal –

From now until Monday night, anyone who signs up for either the Shodan or the Mukyu (Novice) class and remains a member through July 15 will receive a free Kindle copy of my book titled “Professional Penetration Testing,” published through Syngress. And of course, they will also be eligible to randomly receive one of the iPad 2s being given away to students!

To sign up or find out more, visit HackingDojo.com

maxpeck
      Participant

Grendel – which Shodan class times are still available?

Grendel
      Participant

The open class times are:
      Monday: 6pm, 8pm, 10pm Eastern
      Tuesday: 8pm GMT

Thanks for the question!

rattis
      Participant

Monday 8pm is the best. Has at least 2 EHer’s in it. 🙂

ziggy_567
      Participant

@chrisj

I think it has 3. Isn’t Jamie.R in there too?

rattis
      Participant

Not sure, that’s why I said at least 2. 🙂

Grendel
      Participant

I’ve had a couple questions on the iPad 2 giveaway, specifically the odds. Basically, there is a 1 in 10 chance a student wins an iPad…

10 students = 1 iPad given away
      20 students = 2 iPads given away
      30 students = 3 iPads given away… etc.

I won’t be announcing the winners for purposes of privacy, but I will encourage them to speak up and let the world know. See HackingDojo.com for specific details on the give-away.

Anonymous
      Participant

I am in the Tuesday class one

Grendel
      Participant

Here’s my last effort to get people to sign up at the Hacking Dojo before June 1, in order to get them eligible to win an iPad 2 (odds are 1 in 10).

For Today Only, I’ve reduced the 1st month’s subscription for membership in the Shodan (Foundational) Certified Penetration Tester course at HackingDojo.com by over 50%… but again, for today only. Thanks!

Grendel
      Participant

Winners are picked, and emails sent. Congrats to the winners!

As mentioned earlier, I’m not announcing the names of the winners, but have encouraged them to let everyone know.

Anonymous
      Participant

So did anyone bag an ipad ??

Chrisso
      Participant

Jamie,

I myself actually won one of the iPads given away!

I still cant believe it, I dont think ive ever won anything in my life… Except the random body search contest at the airport.

Anyhow, Grendel said he will be sending them out in the middle of August, as he is preparing for Defcon.

Im curious to see who else has won. Grendel mentioned that there were additional winners.

Congrats to any of the other winners! Cant wait to get this iPad!!

Regards,
      -Chrisso

rattis
      Participant

congrats Chrisso, and welcome to the forum.

tturner
      Participant

@Chrisso wrote:

I myself actually won one of the iPads given away!

Congratulations Chrisso. I’m glad to hear it. I had heard from some other colleagues that there was some marketing deception going on around this issue and that there was a possibility nobody was getting iPads. I’ve certainly heard some bad feedback around this course recently with regards to this issue and the student lecturers. I’m pleased to know they were mistaken at least about the iPads. Enjoy your new toy!

Anonymous
      Participant

indeed well done hope you enjoy using it

Chrisso
      Participant

Thank you everyone. I wish I could say that I did something special to receive such a gift, however I was just finally lucky. So thank you again!

I agree with you about these “giveaways”. I posted something on the hackingdojo.com forums mentioning I usually just ignore these types of deals, as they are usually some sort of scam or gimmick. I am certainly glad to see that this one has not been.

Tom or Grendel has always been very honest and straight forward with everything at the hackingdojo. I have been excited to see that he is not only an valuable/respected mentor, but a real person as well. I have had times where I was unable to attend class due to family or personal reasons, and he has always been respectful and courteous. Never have I felt like I was wasting my money at the hacking dojo.

I have read elsewhere that some have had issues contacting Tom here and there, though I have to say that has never been the case with me.

No need for me to go on any further with this off topic.

Just wanted to say Thank you, and Congratulations to any of the other people who have won.

ChrisJ, I will see you in class on Monday sir!

Regards,
      -Chrisso

Grendel
      Participant

Chrisso –

Thanks for letting everyone know you were one of the winners; if nobody spoke up, I was willing to take the heat in exchange for ensuring people’s privacy. There are other winners out there, but whether or not they come forward is again totally up to them. Thanks again.

tturner
      Participant

I’m really glad to hear that. I used the early De-Ice when I was first learning and had correspondence with Grendel a few years back and he was very helpful then.

Grendel
      Participant

Just wanted to share this image (seems you have to be logged in to see the pic) – wish I had taken a picture with all of them before I started boxing the others up. It was kinda neat seeing all of them together, stacked in front of me.

FYI, I actually really enjoyed running this giveaway, and will be doing it again, for anyone enrolled between September 1st, through October 15th. Just to give everyone a heads up!

Chrisso
      Participant

Awesome… Awesome to the max!

Cant wait to get on one!

Thanks Grendel!

-Chrisso

CharlieE
      Participant

Signed up for HD last Sunday. I’m pretty excited to see what it has to offer. But I’m starting to rethink my decision when trying to rationalize not having heard a single word from Grendel since signing up. I understand from the IRC channel that he was out on an important contract and got back home to a dead drive. But at least a mail saying “Hey, thanks for signing up. I’m busy right now IRL and my harddrive died on me. I will get back to you next week”.

It seems like this being a one-man operation, as a part-time thing, ends up being a bad idea. I’ve heard similar experiences from IRC and other forums. But I also have only seen good reviews. So I’m pretty sure the wait will be worth it.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?