March 21, 2009 at 2:37 am #3582
Hi all, i need some advice please to know about get a lot information based an Ip public, cause
honestly for this time to trace some information about ip public i just used some website which
provide trace IP address, what i need to know is to get more information than just location or name ISP from that IP Public.
Thanks and sorry i’m still beginner on network security. ^^
March 21, 2009 at 2:58 am #23262
March 21, 2009 at 3:42 am #23263
Thanks for the reply, but i also need to know what about if some ip public caught in my log router
(want to access my router)what the first think i must to do to trace back that IP public cause if
i use like robtex.com/whatismyipaddress.com it just show information about the ISP or should i
report to that ISP about that happen to get more information about the attacker/intruder.
Thank’s a lot. ^^
March 21, 2009 at 4:09 am #23264
I think the language barrier may be getting in our way here, I hope I am answering your questions.
1. What kind of router is it? If it is a home router it probably isn’t going to have any logs. If it is an enterprise class router, we may be able to help; if you tell us what brand it is we may be able to give you some commands to run.
2. WhatIsMyIpAddress.com is only going to give YOUR ip address. It won’t help trace down an IP Address of someone else.
3. If you had a computer that was attacked you will need to do a little work to figure out how since my guess is that you were attacked when you went to a malicious website. If that is the case then your ISP isn’t going to be of any real help. If it was not a client side attack, then your ISP might be able to help.
March 21, 2009 at 6:44 am #23265
Thank’s for your quick reply, i will exlain something,
1. i use Microtic router os to test out some network method and it have logs to view any
change on router system.
2. i think whatismyipaddress.com can trace down another ip public not just our ip public cause
in lookup ip address thereis a textbox that we can input another IP public.
Thank’s anyway for your reply ^^.
March 21, 2009 at 6:53 pm #23266Don DonzalKeymaster
As you mention, chances are great that you’ll get an ISP since most users both in homes and organizations get their public IP addresses from an ISP. When you look up the offending IP in something like:
– AfriNIC (Africa)
– APNIC (Asia Pacific region)
– ARIN (North America, a portion of the Caribbean and sub-Saharan Africa)
– LACNIC (Latin American and Caribbean region)
– RIPE (Europe, the Middle East and parts of Africa and Asia)
You’ll get the contact info for the ISP giving out one of their many public IPs to the attacker. Good thing is that most ISPs not only give their contact info to the above agnecies but some also give a specific email address for reporting fraud or abuse. As an example (and I won’t give out your IP), your ISP has the following info:
person: hendro prabowo
address: Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53
address: Jakarta , 12190
changed: email@example.com 20040419
changed: firstname.lastname@example.org 20040813
So I would contact them with anything you feel may be bad.
Hope that helps,
March 22, 2009 at 11:51 pm #23267
Feeling dumb, I had no idea that WhatIsMyIpAddress.com allowed you to lookup someone else. Sounds like WhatIsMyIpAddress.com is a misnomer.
March 23, 2009 at 1:22 am #23268
Thank’s a lot guys for your replies, so the conclusion i got from this thread is i must report
to ISP support for this happen again.
Thank’s again for timmedin and don, you guys give me a great help.
March 23, 2009 at 2:20 pm #23269
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.