GCIH Challenge Registration Question, please help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nimari
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I logged on to SANS portal website and registered a challenge for the GCIH Exam.
      The registration is complete and I got a confirmation email right awaym confirming the payment and telling me that I will get another email for my online access info. The problem is that I didn’t get my online access email until now, it has been 10 days since I made my registration. I sent an email to registration@sans.org 4 days ago and got no answer back. My question is will it normally take that time before you get your online access email to schedule the exam and have the test exam online.

Thanks a lot

MicroJay
      Participant

Nimari –
      I have not challenged any exam, but I have taken 4 SANS certifications (1 GSEC, 1 GSEC Renewal, 1 GCIH, and 1 GSNA).  In doing the live classes, I do know that you have to wait several weeks prior to the exam to be available.  The practice tests were available within 2 days after the course finished.  For the recert, I made the order online.  It was available within 24 hours.  I then had to inform them about a proctor I was utilizing from our HR department.  
      Maybe the delay was due to the holiday.  I do recall when I did talk with the people about the exam proctoring that I was always talking with the same individual.  Even after the exam about the cert they send in the mail it was the same individual.  Possibly, she went on vacation.
      You probably will have more luck getting in contact with them this week.
      Good luck with the challenge!   🙂
      MicroJay

nimari
      Participant

MicroJay,

Thank you very much for the info. I will try to contact them this week again. For the proctor, I think that I don’t need one, since the exam will be taken at The  Kryterion Exam Center.

nimari
      Participant

MicroJay,
                    Guess what, I just got the online access email. Just a minute after I replied to your post.

COm_BOY
      Participant

For challenge exam email to info@giac.org rather then @sans .

MicroJay
      Participant

@Nimari – Good luck on your exam!  Glad you obtained the email!

@COm_BOY – yeah…missed the @sans.org!  😉

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?