fuzzing with spike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      chrisbdaemon
      Participant

Hey, I’ve been hearing quite a bit about fuzzers and their potential.  I’ve heard some good things about a fuzzer called SPIKE but I can’t seem to find that much documentation on it.

Also, I’ve been looking for something to try it out on but I can’t seem to think of anyway to get some decent practice/experience with it.  Can I get some ideas or advice or something, something simple to practice on for the first time would be wonderful.

Anonymous
      Participant

like most things from immunity is there no documentation.  the fuzzing book has a good chapter on using spike though.  you can start there.

chrisbdaemon
      Participant

Is this the book you were talking about? “Fuzzing: Brute Force Vulnerability Discovery”

Would you recommend it?

Anonymous
      Participant

here is my book review for it

http://carnal0wnage.blogspot.com/2007/07/book-review-fuzzing-brute-force.html

its really good on talking about why you would build a type of fuzzer to find a type of vuln, not so much on taking you vulnerability to EIP=41414141 via fuzzing.

hope that helps

RoleReversal
      Participant

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I came across the thread via google just before hitting pay-dirt so thought I’d share the fortune.

TechTarget have a sample of the “Fuzzing: Brute Force Vulnerability Discovery” book, which just happens to be the chapter on Fuzzing Frameworks 😀

I haven’t had a chance to read the chapter yet, but for those wanting some additional bed-time reading take a look here

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?