- This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
I have had some similar experiences to the ones you describe in your article. I am obviously a little more open then your average InfoSec guy, but I have also found that InfoSec people generally want to help, and your description of the mentor relationship is right on.
You are very insightful. I think your final comments about the correlative effects of demonstrating respect, support and caring for the community can be widely applied, but are particularly true in InfoSec.
Keep up the good work. I look forward to your next article.
Hello, is this Part II from Dev to InfoSec?
Correct. We thought about skipping the numbering but keeping the format of having the main title and a sub-title for the next articles in the series. However, looks like we’re going back to numbering.
Check out Part 3 in Rey’s personal blog: From Dev to InfoSec Part 3 – My First Cert
Since EH-Net was acquired by eLS, we didn’t want this to seem self-serving.
Stay tuned for Part 4 on Buffer Overflows making Rey’s brain hurt! It’s being editing now. Should be out this week.
– EH-Net Live! Join us on Wed Jan 29 @ 1:00 PM EST for “Shellcode for the Masses“ w/ John Hammond. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! December – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget” w/ Phillip Wylie from Dec 19.
– EH-Net Live! November – Video & Deck Available Now! for “All Things CTF!” w/ Ray Doyle of EverSecCTF from Nov 21.
– EH-Net Live! October – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Hacking Humans” w/ Hadnagy, Paul & Baron from Oct 29.
– EH-Net Live! August – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Wireshark for Hackers” w/ Laura Chappell from Aug 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.