Free Keylogger for Back Hacking

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      JordanJae
      Participant

I’m looking for a Free Keylogger, obviously… I’m going to be using it to defend a Network me and two team mates setup for a High School competition where we protect it from Proffesional and College pen testers, being more of a pen tester than a defender I personally prefer an offensive defensive but I really don’t use many keyloggers, but I ws thinking if I could use some sort of Real Time keylogger so my Team can know whats coming, I will be using a Live CD of Backtrack 4 and some virtual machines filled with honey pots to defend myself… So basically what I’m asking for is:

A Free Real Time Keylogger I can insert into their systems Remotely and possibly use with Backtrack 4.

rattis
      Participant

Sorry, not much help, but how would a key logger be useful? Are you looking to capture what they do on the box after they get into it?

UNIX
      Participant

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but Metasploit comes with a vnc payload which allows you to monitor another machine once you succeeded with the injection. Otherwise most of the better trojans should be able to do what you want. The harder part will probably to get it through there though.

unsupported
      Participant

One possibility would be to configure Snort IDS to capture network traffic.  You’ll be able to see what packets are being thrown at you in addition to any command lines.

Ketchup
      Participant

I second what unsupported said.  I am almost sure that Snort’s default configuration on Linux will do a small packet capture every time something triggers an alert.  Snort can also function as an IPS, simply severing the connection.

Anonymous
      Participant

Yeah Ill third this. Snort is what you want. Run it behind your firewall. You could also just run tcpdump if you want to see all packets (snort can do this too).

If an IPS is allowed its the way to go. Good Luck!

unsupported
      Participant

@ItsTheLion wrote:

… You could also just run tcpdump if you want to see all packets (snort can do this too).

That’s like a needle in a haystack.  I’d also recommend Wireshark for a more user friendly and protocol aware application.

Anonymous
      Participant

@unsupported wrote:

@ItsTheLion wrote:

… You could also just run tcpdump if you want to see all packets (snort can do this too).

That’s like a needle in a haystack.  I’d also recommend Wireshark for a more user friendly and protocol aware application.

I completely agree with you, was going to add if you can read really fast use tcpdump lol. You can always use some options to narrow down your output such as src or host but your still going to get lots of output and your brain can’t process it as fast as Snort or something similar. I also agree Wireshark is much more user friendly if you’re running a gui.

Ketchup
      Participant

Netwitness is another great network analysis tool.  It handles large packet capture better and has more sophisticated packet dissection tools. 

johnnekar
      Participant
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?