Free Cell Phone lookup

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      BillV
      Participant

Do free cell phone lookups exist anywhere? Reverse lookups that is? I’m not having much luck, they all seem to lead back to Intelius somehow which charges $15 (which isn’t too bad; but if I can find a cheaper solution I’m all for it 🙂

Kev
      Participant

I know Private investigators have a source they use, but I have never found one that was free. I have also heard that the results with Intelius vary and are not always accurate so you might want to be cautious. 

Anonymous
      Participant

yes it is very difficult to find a free service …

unsupported
      Participant

I’ve read that Intellus does not really do much beyond provider and location.
      I found a free service, http://phonetrace.org/ (PG-13)

I remember finding a ring tone download website which would tell you the carrier, but then you’d have to call and SE more details.

The only other option I found is to spoof the cell phone number and call a landline for the caller ID info… but that suggestion would better be posted and discussed at http://www.unethicalhacker.net (yours for the low price of $450) run by Evil Don and such illustrious posters as Evil Unsupported, Evil Hayabusa, Evil BillV, Evil Ketchup, Evil Jhaddix, Evil ZeroFlaw, etc. (who look just like their normal counterparts, but with goatees).

zeroflaw
      Participant

@unsupported wrote:

The only other option I found is to spoof the cell phone number and call a landline for the caller ID info… but that suggestion would better be posted and discussed at http://www.unethicalhacker.net (yours for the low price of $450) run by Evil Don and such illustrious posters as Evil Unsupported, Evil Hyabusa, Evil BillV, Evil Ketchup, Evil Jhaddix, Evil ZeroFlaw, etc. (who look just like their normal counterparts, but with goatees).

Rofl! That would be something  😛

Anyway, I was also wondering about this a while ago and couldn’t find anything useful :-

And unsupported, did you actually try that free service you found? 😉

hayabusa
      Participant

@unsupported wrote:

…but that suggestion would better be posted and discussed at http://www.unethicalhacker.net (yours for the low price of $450) run by Evil Don and such illustrious posters as Evil Unsupported, Evil Hyabusa, Evil BillV, Evil Ketchup, Evil Jhaddix, Evil ZeroFlaw, etc. (who look just like their normal counterparts, but with goatees).

Wow!  I now have an alter-ego on the dark side.  Yes !!!  Now have to work with those named individuals to create our own mini ethical hacker league of heros!

But that was one of the best replies I’ve seen on any board, all week.  Well done!

rattis
      Participant

@unsupported wrote:

who look just like their normal counterparts, but with goatees.

my evil alter ego is clean shaven.

unsupported
      Participant

@chrisj wrote:

Does that mean the good chrisj has a goatee/beard, or are you just trying to trick the rest of the evil alter egos?

hayabusa
      Participant

DOH!  Ethical Hacker senses indicate some practice in social engineering, perhaps?  (That, or just plain curiosity!  )  I really need some rest, as this is actually piquing my interest in that ‘over-tired’ craziness sort of way…  LOL

rattis
      Participant

@unsupported wrote:

@chrisj wrote:

Does that mean the good chrisj has a goatee/beard, or are you just trying to trick the rest of the evil alter egos?

I’ve been sporting a beard / goatee for 10 years now. I have it off once a year or so for some Social Engineering, but that’s about it.

Ketchup
      Participant

I usually wear a full ninja outfit when I do social engineering.  It hides my evil facial hair.  No one expects a ninja in the workforce.  They are not quite sure what to do when I drop out of the ceiling with my Iron Key.

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

When someone sees a ninja in the office, it’s kind of like a buffer overflow for the brain. It’s a little overkill for a Social Engineering attack, but effective nonetheless. Whatever works, right?  😉

Don

unsupported
      Participant

@Ketchup wrote:

…They are not quite sure what to do when I drop out of the ceiling with my Iron Key.

I almost did a spit take with my afternoon cup of coffee… it would not have been too bad though, I’m up for a computer refresh.

hayabusa
      Participant

What’s an afternoon cup of coffee???  but I could sure use one, right about now.

Ketchup, I’d love to see the ninja dropping from the ceiling bit.  While everyone was staring at you, I’d be doing all kind of info gathering in the background…  Nothing like some ‘reverse’ social engineering, that is, relying on someone else’s social engineering activities to do all the attention grabbing, while you casually grab what you need.  ;D

Why do the work if someone else will do it for you, right??? 

BillV
      Participant

Haha, I had a pretty good laugh reading this thread 🙂

Being that it was a little over two years ago, I have no idea what I was doing or whether I ever found an answer. There’s a good chance I bought the Intelius report and it either A) told me what I needed or B) came back saying they couldn’t find the info

techtonic
      Participant

Did anyone try out http://www.phonetrace.org?  🙂

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?