FBI backdooring OpenBSD IPSec implementation

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ziggy_567
      Participant

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.tech/22557

Wow….I don’t whether to believe this or not, but the implications will be far reaching for some time to come whether or not it is…

The feds are not having a good holiday season between this and the Wikileaks debacle.

caissyd
      Participant

If it is indeed true, people will audit the source code and find the backdoor. So if it is true, we will here about it a lot soon.

mallaigh
      Participant

If the 10 year old backdoor truly exists, I’m kind of surprised it wasn’t discovered sooner. 

SephStorm
      Participant

Very interesting, I would love to hear some info on this. Maybe someone should file a FOIA request, see what happens.

Pookie
      Participant

I faxed one in, let’s see what happens.  I am also trying to have the fees waived due to education purposes.  If this doesn’t work, maybe the EFF would be interested.

SephStorm
      Participant

I would say so, please keep us updated!

Pookie
      Participant

got a reply last week, they said I didn’t provide enough information to locate any records.  I have been busy with the holidays and helping get my kids homeschooling back on track so I haven’t had opportunity to followup.

SephStorm
      Participant

How did you phrase your request?

Pookie
      Participant

I faxed it in with a copy of the post linked to by the OP.  I think I need to make it simpler, pulling company and or people’s names and trying to distill the content to make some poor overworked intern’s life easier.

SephStorm
      Participant

makes sense. Go for it.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?