External Pen Testing Companies?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Dengar13
      Participant

Hello all:

I am looking for some suggestions on some good external / third-party pen testing companies.  I am looking for some suggestions as we are in the market for a new company to perform these.

Thanks in advance!

Dark_Knight
      Participant

In no particular order :
      – InGuardians
      – Rapid7
      – Offsec
      – StrikeForce

Dengar13
      Participant

Muchos gracias!

hayabusa
      Participant

SecureState
      and the list goes on… 

(Was gonna give you the first few that Dark_Knight provided, but he beat me to the punch)

dynamik
      Participant

Shh, you guys. I PM’d him about consulting work. :-X

I’ve personally had great experiences with Fishnet Security and SecureIdeas as well.

tturner
      Participant

I’d stay away from the big companies unless you are spending a lot of cash. I’ve had bad experiences with the “bait n switch” where they send you resumes of rockstars with the SoW but then kindergartners show up on your doorstep. I find smaller firms with highly qualified folks (not all small firms have qualified folks) are hungrier for the work and more interested in delivering a quality product.

hayabusa
      Participant

@ajohnson wrote:

Shh, you guys. I PM’d him about consulting work. :-X

Sorry…  :-[

😉

TheXero
      Participant

You could always look at HatForce, I’m pretty sure that would end up cheaper than some other places.

MaXe
      Participant

@TheXero wrote:

You could always look at HatForce, I’m pretty sure that would end up cheaper than some other places.

I second that, especially if you’re looking for a company where you pay per bug found (in case you choose crowd-sourced tests), but there’s also the option of trusted tests, meaning only a few (trusted) testers from Hatforce will participate, where you know these are professionals, that almost competes in an ethical way to give you the best test possible, and many of them works like this while having a day job too, because they have a deep passion for infosec.  🙂

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

At the risk of forgetting someone, here’s some more:

Infogressive
      Lares
      Fortify’s new ShadowLabs (Part of HP)
      Trustwave
      Booz Allen Hamilton
      Core Security

And there’s plenty of big accounting firms that do ‘assessments’ or ‘audits.’

Hope this helps,
      Don

PS – If I did forget anyone, sorry. Feel free to add your name to the list or just send me a note.

idr0p
      Participant

Rapid7
      Dell SecureWorks
      IBM ISS

cd1zz
      Participant

Coalfire!

ambient
      Participant

In UK,
      Portcullis Security
      NCC Group

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Adding a new section to our Links with the information in this thread and more. Check it out using the tabs at the top of the site… Resources > Links > Companies:

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/option,com_weblinks/catid,45/Itemid,27/

It’s not complete, but it’s a good start. What do you think?

Don

hayabusa
      Participant

Good idea.  Gets the point across that there are options, and helps folks see some that they might not already have been aware of.

Thanks.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?