Ethical Hacking, need hackers, tips

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RoleReversal 7 years ago.

• Author
     ender02 
    Participant

Hi all!

Im new here on the forum, and came by searching for ethical hacking methods and events.
    At my university, we are making a new project, where we would like to help a company in the marketing. So came to our mind, to organize an ethical hacking event, against the company, so that it can be prooved how good they are! It’s an IT company which main service is security.

So i would like to ask you, where i can find some people, and where should i organize something like this? Do you have any idea? Or are here any hackers who would like to try it?
    Of course we would make a contract, so it would go with the presense of the company, they know about everything.

Thx for the info in advance!

greets,
    András

MaXe 
    Participant

Try: https://www.hatforce.com/

FYI it’s often hard to crowd-source these kind of projects, as the target company will often worry about who is allowed to attack and if they follow the same code of conduct, as e.g. an ethical hacker would.

RoleReversal 
    Participant

Hi Ender,

welcome to EH-Net.

Depending on your location you could look to local security businesses who may be willing to assist in return for a share in the publicity, or to local groups (DC#, 2600, etc.) for individuals.

Only concern I’d have, is I’ve seen the same marketing spin tried over the years, often resulting in some very bright individual finding a flaw, leaving the ‘bragging’ company with egg on their face. Before you start the PR exercise I’d suggest that your client hires multiple, VERY good pentesters to put the systems through it’s paces first…..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?