April 11, 2013 at 11:24 pm #8377dynamikParticipant
We have an entry-level position available in San Jose, CA (feel free to PM me with any questions):
IT Systems Administrator and Entry Level Security Consultant
PSC has an opening for an on-site Ubuntu/IT System Administrator and Entry Level Security Consultant. This position is ideal for the systems administrator with the desire to move into network and application security testing and consulting or penetration testing. You will have opportunities to make direct contributions on client projects and engagements. The successful candidate MUST reside in the San Jose, California area. US Residents ONLY. There is NO relocation assistance for this ON-SITE position. Reply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
This reports directly to the PSC Security Lab Director of Technical Services at PSC and will be responsible for maintaining the attack network, servers and systems as well as PSC’s corporate systems, Client portals and PA-DSS lab. As part of your job duties and introduction to security assessments, you will take on the role of vulnerability assessment engineer by performing PSC’s Approved Scanning Vendor duties. This will include tasks based on the current Payment Card Industry ASV scanning and reporting procedures. Eventually, this candidate will also perform penetration tests in accordance with industry-accepted methods and protocols. This is NOT a QA or software development position.
Projects may include:
– LINUX (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS), BackTrack/Kali, VMWare ESXi, and some Mac OS X administration;
– Performing network-based security assessments;
– Performing security scanning on Internet-facing applications;
– Performing security assessments on software applications;
– Performing vulnerability assessments across public networks;
– Performing server hardening assessments and consulting engagements;
– Working as a team member on a large audit engagement to perform technical software and environment testing;
The successful candidate MUST have the following requirements:
– Reside in San Jose, California area. There is NO relocation assistance for this ON-SITE position
– Have some familiarity with common security tools, such as NMap, Metasploit, Burp, or equivalent
– Have at least 3 years experience in Linux server administration
– Strong ethics and understanding of ethics in business and information security
– English language communication skills
– Ability to organize project or job into tasks
– Be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
– Be able to complete tasks and deliver written reports suitable for viewing by PSC Clients
– Willing to ask for help and willing to work with a mentor
– Willing to travel
The successful candidate MAY meet these additional requirements as a plus:
– Previous experience with QualysGuard, McAfee Secure or other web based scanning tools
– Fluent in language other than English. Spanish, French, Mandarin, Cantonese or Japanese in order of importance
– Degree in either Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems Management
– Possess current CISSP or ISSEP from (ISC)2 or recognized equivalent
– Additional computer system security certificates, like: CEH, OSCP, CISA, CISM, ISSMP, Etc
Who is PSC?
With offices in the USA, Canada, UK and Australia, PSC is a leading PCI assessor and Approved Scanning Vendor. (See our Web site http://www.paysw.com for more information) We are one of an elite few companies qualified globally to provide expert services and solutions to organizations that require specialist compliance or consulting support in the areas of Payments, Security or Compliance.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.