eLearnSecurity (WAPT) course for newbie

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      lblake
      Participant

Hello,

I’ve been a software tester for 12 years (my how time flies) and I am thinking of taking the WAPT course. My current employer has a large online presence and web based security is an area they are lacking in.

I do like the content of the WAPT course but I am concerned it maybe a bit over my head? I have knowledge of most web based languages and can code to an immediate level in Java, C#, Lua, Python etc.

Would you advise me to take this course based on my skill set?

Thanks

impelse
      Participant

I am taking the training and if you can read html and java script you can nail it I am not saying code), takes some time in my case I ma very slow but solid

m0wgli
      Participant

I’m also taking the training at the moment. Given, your previous experience, I’m sure you’d be OK.

If you’re interested in Web Application Security, I can’t recommend this book enough:
      The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook: Finding and Exploiting Security Flaws.

And for hands-on experience:
      Vulnerable Web Applications

lblake
      Participant

Thanks for the replies I’ll certainly look at taking the WAPT course in the near future…..

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi mate,

keep us updated on your progress.

I am considering elearn WAPT as well, or SANS web app course 542.
      I think elearn WAPT is much more hands on (and cheaper), but its up to work and what they will fund.

BillV
      Participant

A little late on the reply but no, you shouldn’t have a problem with the course.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?