Elearnsecurity new Web App security course info

This topic contains 39 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Phillip Wylie 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
     YuckTheFankees 
    Participant

Here is the syllabus for the new course and it will be available on April 29th  ;D

http://www.elearnsecurity.com/collateral/syllabus_wapt.pdf

impelse 
    Participant

Yep, it is very interesting, I took the first version. I think this looks better.

YuckTheFankees 
    Participant

The 1st version? Are you referring to eCPPT?

m0wgli 
    Participant

From looking at the syllabus there is obviously going to be some overlap in some of the topics covered by the Web Application security module in the eCPPT, although the difference in content for those topics in those modules remains to be seen. However, the addition’s look very interesting!  🙂

According to the e-mail I got, eLearnSecurity students can access the course at a discounted rate!  🙂 8)

Jamie.R 
    Participant

The course does look good. I am hoping I can do this depending on how much it is for elearn students, how long that offer last and if you can pay in installment again.

Does anyone know with this course if you get unlimited lab time ? or does it work same the other lab where you get like 30 hours ?

YuckTheFankees 
    Participant

I’m assuming the lab will be 30/60 hours or 30/60 days.

Seen 
    Participant

Looking at the syllabus, I kinda got the feeling that the labs were an integral part of the course, and not just supplemental.  In which case, I was assuming there would be unlimited access, but maybe that was just wishful thinking.

m0wgli 
    Participant

@seen wrote:

Looking at the syllabus, I kinda got the feeling that the labs were an integral part of the course, and not just supplemental.  In which case, I was assuming there would be unlimited access, but maybe that was just wishful thinking.

Personally, I don’t think that will be the case. I’ve seen suggestions that the intention is to make the Coliseum labs available on-demand, as is available for the Hera labs.  At the moment they are only offered on the flat model.

Speculation aside, we’ll all find out soon!  🙂

Armando 
    Participant

All labs in Coliseum are closely integrated with the syllabus.
    (see the attached screenshot and the upper right corner icon with the lab ID referenced to practice that particular topic).

Coliseum will be available in On-demand model (hours) starting from this release (29th). There will be plenty of time given with the basic package as well

Unlimited labs is impossible. It’s serious stuff, not a virtual machine  😉

Final eWPT certification exam will be done on Hera, using the exact same process we are using with eCPPT but different targets and objectives. So it’s impossible to get confused 🙂

azmatt 
    Participant

Sounds really cool Armando, i look forward to giving it a go.

impelse 
    Participant

I got the first version of the training in your site, is it going to be a price for upgrading?

Armando 
    Participant

Yes!

Jamie.R 
    Participant

Cool thanks for the update can you just confirm this tho as impelse has asked about upgrade price but from what I understand there was no current web certificate.

So are you saying members who have done the Pro course will get a discount to the web application one ? If this is correct how long will that offer last ?

Thanks

Armando 
    Participant

Only few days left to know that.  🙂
    Current students will have some days to get a bank loan and buy the Ferrari (just kidding…)

In any case, for students and non students, the first few days or hours will be really discounted.

Jamie.R 
    Participant

Cool thanks for the info Armando I look forward to seeing the details on Monday.

I may do the course once gold is out the way tho as I got free upgrade since I don’t want be in situation where I trying to do both at once.

Seen 
    Participant

@Jamie.R wrote:

I may do the course once gold is out the way tho as I got free upgrade since I don’t want be in situation where I trying to do both at once.

My thoughts exactly Jamie.  I hope to start on Gold in July.

Armando 
    Participant

Since you are all interested in knowing more about this new release, feel free to join me on this webinar on April 29th 1PM EDT:

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/571727142

At the end of the event we will open and early bird discounted registrations!

j0rDy 
    Participant

great news! now i just have to choose which one i will be taking a swing at somewhere around fall… 😉

Augz 
    Participant

I’m also quite excited about this one, having already completed the eCPPT Silver.

Have to admit though, I’m in the same boat as Jamie, Seen, and j0rDy, just not sure which one to target first heh.

From my understanding though, this will be even more enjoyable than the Silver, and expand considerably on it’s testable content.

Congratulations Armando for expanding your offerings, and on having a solid course in the first place. Very excited to get into both in the near future  😉

shadow 
    Participant

Hi there,

i’m interesting about this course but i have a question.

If i choose the course, can i remove the web application security module and have a discount price on the eCPPT ?

I think it would repay a second time for something already seen.

thanks

Armando 
    Participant

@shadow Did you attend our Pro v2 course already? If you want a discount on eCPPT I guess no? Then what are your repaying twice?
    Can you please elaborate this more sot that I can understand?

Other than that, there’s a chance to get this course at discounted rate for all our previous students and even for non-students if they are in the early bird list.

I understand people likes discounts but the quality of the courses we are offering, the plans, flexibility and labs are worth much much more their current prices. I’m sure all of the students here on the forum will agree on this.

Jamie.R 
    Participant

I think what he is trying to say is if he pays for PRO V2 it has web contents in the course. That if he does the web course it will contain some of the same material so his paying for the material twice. I think that’s is the point he is trying to make.

So what I think he is getting at is he wants a discount on PRO v2 as he not gonna to do the web module in that and just do the new web course. So does not see why he should pay full price PRO v2 when he gonna miss a module out.

I think that what he is trying to say but please correct me if I am wrong.

shadow 
    Participant

@armando wrote:

@shadow Did you attend our Pro v2 course already? If you want a discount on eCPPT I guess no? Then what are your repaying twice?
    Can you please elaborate this more sot that I can understand?

Other than that, there’s a chance to get this course at discounted rate for all our previous students and even for non-students if they are in the early bird list.

I understand people likes discounts but the quality of the courses we are offering, the plans, flexibility and labs are worth much much more their current prices. I’m sure all of the students here on the forum will agree on this.

Sorry , my english isn’t good.

I’m very interresting about the new course.

After this i’m interresting to pass the eCCTP course but there is a web application module too (maybe not as complete as the WAPT).

I wanna know if it’s possible after passing the WAPT to pass only the network and system security modules (without the web) and don’t repay for the web module.

Thanks

dynamik 
    Participant

I think he’s essentially just looking for bundle pricing.

Armando 
    Participant

Ahhh!
    Now it’s clear!
    Of course there will be bundle pricing at discounted rate if you get both the Pro AND the WAPT altogether (at the same time).

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify this.

shadow 
    Participant

Thanks for you respond but i’m not talking about a bundle pack.

I just wanna know if we have the WAPT , is it possible to have the eCCPT without the web module later?

sh4d0wmanPP 
    Participant

Do you mean in the elearning environment or also skip it in the Gold exam? I don;t think they would do that as it would create an unfair time advantage compared to regular students.

I am pretty confident that when you truly master WAPT you should have not much difficulties in the Gold certification for that part of the exam.

Armando 
    Participant
     Seen 
    Participant

Does anyone know how the lab hours work?  I was planning on buying now, and then starting the course in a few months, but it says “90 days to activate Coliseum WAPT Lab?”  Does that mean I have to use 60 or 90 lab hours within 90 days, start using them within 90 days, or what?

I typically like to go through all the material before I do the labs, it helps me find out if I’ve retained the info.

YuckTheFankees 
    Participant

@seen,

Your lab time will not start until you begin using it..but I believe there is a time limit to how long you can wait to start your lab (I believe it’s 120 days but Armando you will have to confirm this).

I watched the web seminar and started the course yesterday. I’m really liking it so far. I will provide updates in a few weeks.

eyenit0 
    Participant

I was considering buying the bundle, but it seems that you must use the exam vouchers within a certain period, right? I don’t want to buy both and only have 120 days or something to finish both courses and exams. I’ve been unable to get a response from Armando, and don’t know when my 50% coupon code(for being eCCPT silver) runs out. His original email says May 30, but I had a feeling he may mean April 30th.

YuckTheFankees 
    Participant

The 50% coupon expires May 30th, it gives you a month to get the course.

m0wgli 
    Participant

@eyenit0 wrote:

I’ve been unable to get a response from Armando, and don’t know when my 50% coupon code(for being eCCPT silver) runs out. His original email says May 30, but I had a feeling he may mean April 30th.

Given the launch of the new course, I’d imagine Armando is having a rather busy time at the moment.

@yuckthefankees wrote:

The 50% coupon expires May 30th, it gives you a month to get the course.

There appears to be some confusion over this from other sources I’ve seen, this question has also been asked on the eLearnSecurity student forums, but hasn’t been replied to yet.

I received two e-mails, the first specified May 30th as a deadline, the second mentioned no deadline.

dynamik 
    Participant

@m0wgli wrote:

@eyenit0 wrote:

I’ve been unable to get a response from Armando, and don’t know when my 50% coupon code(for being eCCPT silver) runs out. His original email says May 30, but I had a feeling he may mean April 30th.

Given the launch of the new course, I’d imagine Armando is having a rather busy time at the moment.

Also, Google “time in italy” 😉

Armando 
    Participant

Wow, we seriously had the most busy days of our company’s history!
    Anyway, let’s answer some questions from current students:
    1) 50% OFF for the eCPPT Gold voucher expired yesterday
    2) 50% OFF for the WAPT course will expire on May 31st

Now about the lab access:

With the on-demand model you have hours instead of days meaning that you can use that amount of time at any time in the future.

There’s no activation at all.

The Flat plan allows you the regular 60/90/120 days access to labs, where you have unlimited access for that amount of consecutive days.
    In this case you are allowed 90 days to begin using them, so there’s an actication deadline.

Hope this clarifies tha matter

impelse 
    Participant

Let me tell you Armando, I took the first version and always got the feeling for more labs and a little deep inline with the lecture, now you guys got that.

I like the lab by hours, no expiration. That’s good, you concentrate to master some knowledge and confirm it with LAB, good.

Seen 
    Participant

Thanks for clearing that up Armando!

Phillip Wylie 
    Participant

@armando wrote:

I wished I would have waited longer to sign up. I figured the 30% offered during the WAPT launch event would have been the best offer I could get.

m0wgli 
    Participant

@r0ckm4n wrote:

@armando wrote:

I wished I would have waited longer to sign up. I figured the 30% offered during the WAPT launch event would have been the best offer I could get.

The 50% off offer is for existing eLearnSecurity students.

Phillip Wylie 
    Participant

@m0wgli wrote:

@r0ckm4n wrote:

@armando wrote:

The 50% off offer is for existing eLearnSecurity students.

Oops, I missed that. Thanks for pointing that out, m0wgli.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?