October 16, 2010 at 2:46 pm #5692
Does anyone know exactly when they are launching their student level pentesting class, or indeed, have any information on what will be covered, how it compares to the PRO?
October 16, 2010 at 5:23 pm #35813COm_BOYParticipant
Have you emailed them (elearn) regarding this ?
October 17, 2010 at 10:31 am #35814
Not yet, I tried the online chat, but I don’t think they have the correct link set.
October 17, 2010 at 12:33 pm #35815
October 17, 2010 at 9:57 pm #35817
Thanks for the info, December is exactly when I plan to start my studies. Looks like a good course.
October 20, 2010 at 7:39 pm #35818xMalachiParticipant
Thanks for your interest in our new upcoming course.
While we do not have a solid release date, it should be slated for November or December at worst.
Something you might be interested to know:
- It will cover all the basics required to enter the Ethical Hacking/Pentesting field in Network and Application Security
- It will include video and flash based training as well as self assessment quizzes, customized learning path
- It aims at not just teaching hacking but introducing the student to the world of security. (Cannot say more about this)
- It will include practical lab based training
Differences with the PRO are:
- It is for students with 0 to 2 years experience in the pentesting field
- It will be a bit less detailed than PRO and will contain a relatively smaller syllabus in terms of techniques covered but a number of precious advices and pointers to enter the industry that you wouldn’t find in PRO
- This course will not come with certification attached unlike the PRO
- This course will ship a small live lab for students to practice their attacking skills for the first time
As a last note I can assure it will bring an incredible value for the lowest price in the industry.
We plan to start a pre-release mailing list that will entitle you all to get the course for a discount and know more information.
We will post an announcement in this forum and on Twitter @elearnsecurity
Thanks again for your interest
Will this course be a gateway to the PRO course? Will I have acquired enough knowledge from this one to move onto the PRO course? Mind you, I have very little security experience so I want to find out if these 2 courses combined would be a good foundation for entering into the security world.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.