EH-Net BH/Defcon Tweener Party

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

[align=center:3vm4lwwy]Party on us in Vegas, Baby!![/align:3vm4lwwy]

Well… it’s official. Not only is EH-Net sponsoring Black Hat again this year, but we’re also inviting you to join us for our 2nd Annual Tweener Party to take place on the Thursday between Black Hat and Defcon.

When: Thurs evening, Aug 7, 2008 from 8:00 – 11:00
      Where: Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas
      Why: FREE BEER!! That’s why. First $500 on the beer tab is on us! Oh yeah, and there’ll be some pretty cool folks from the security community there as well. They also serve food, so bring cash to make splitting the food bill easier.

So if you’re looking for something to do between Black Hat and DefCon, want to meet face-to-face with some of the coolest people in InfoSec, and get some free beer… you better be there!

Feel free to post in this forum to let everyone know you’re going, but we do need you to RSVP to plan accordingly. Send me a private message through this forum to reserve your beer… uh… seat.

See you there,
      Don

PS – They probably won’t open the Beer Garden, and it was pretty loud last year. Fun and inexpensive, though. Let me know if this is cool by everyone or if you have other ideas.

Anonymous
      Participant

i’m always down for free beer.

Kev
      Participant

Will be there for sure.

Clay Briggs
      Participant

I’ll be there.  Beer is one of my kryptonites.  Ohh man… I just realized, they might have Spaten Optamater… or however you spell that beer.  One of my favorites.  Beer like women, should be dark with a saucy bite.

Kev
      Participant

@g00d_4sh wrote:

.  Beer like women, should be dark with a saucy bite.

I totally agree!  😉

Clay Briggs
      Participant

Great minds think alike Kev.

Kev
      Participant

Yes they do, lol. Look forward to seeing you there!

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Hey All,

There is a Core Security Party from 6:30 – 8:30 and then the MS party at midnight (if they keep the same schedule).

Should we move ours to 8 – 11 instead of 7 – 10?

Don

Kev
      Participant

If you think those will effect the EH-net party turn out then by all means. If not, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Clay Briggs
      Participant

Well, if they have free beer, it wouldn’t be bad to share the love and split times.  Then again, I’d prefer a cheap copy of Core Impact over beer…. heh.

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Looking back, last year started at 8, and I thought it was perfect. So let’s just make it 8 – 11.

Modified first post in this thread to reflect the change.

Don

oleDB
      Participant

Count me in. I haven’t been able to be as active in the forums as I used to be due to a new job, but one of the benefits is BH & Defcon this year.

triit
      Participant

I am so excited  ;D, this is my first Defcon, mind if I show up for some free beer?

SecurityBarbie
      Participant

Beer?

Any chance for Hard Alcohol? LOL
      ;D

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

They do have a full bar as well.

Don

vijay2
      Participant

Don,

ummm beer …
      I would get that from you at Chicagocon 🙂

Sorry dude been busy with stuff, and yes i passed my CISA.

VJ

Kev
      Participant

Defcon is worth attending, but I wish one day they have Chris “Jesus” Ferguson give a lecture there!  If you don’t know of him, he earned his Ph.d in computer science, focusing on virtual network algorithms. He developed computer simulations to improve his understanding of poker. To date he has earned over $ 7 million in poker tournaments. Considering Defcon is in Vegas, that would be perfect, lol.

isnala
      Participant

If there is still room, I would like to attend.

Ish.

axnjxnind
      Participant

I’m in. Funny, I’ve been the the Hofbrauhaus in Munich but not the one in Vegas. The liter beers taste so good once it hits your lips.

iv0ryw0lf
      Participant

If there is still room, count me in for the Geekfe…I mean, Beerfest!!

Clay Briggs
      Participant

Man Free beer is the drawing card isn’t it.  😛

Kev
      Participant

@g00d_4sh wrote:

Man Free beer is the drawing card isn’t it.  😛

LOL, I will have to remember that in all my marketing campaigns !!!

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Come alone or bring friends, either way, please remember to RSVP. An invitation is not necessary, but an accurate head count will really help.

Thanks all,
      Don

vrsandersjr
      Participant

I will like to attend as well.

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

It was great to meet you all. I must admit, because of some of the other parties scheduled for before during and after, ours started out relatively slowly. I had made a reservation for 50 – 75, and I got very nervous around 8:30 that we wouldn’t hit that mark. But all is well that ends well. We had a number of great people in attendance, and by 9:00 we had hit our target… and emptied out the beer tab.  8)

Maybe I shouldn’t have partied with everyone so much before Thursday evening. We had many more that said would show up and didn’t. They probably had enough of me by the time the Tweener party rolled around.  😮

See everyone next year… or at ChicagoCon!

Don

Kev
      Participant

Had a great time and look forward to next year. Thanks again Don.

Clay Briggs
      Participant

Well was nice to meet Don and peeps.  A good stein of the dark stuff did me well, and you could walk around unlike the Core party.  Tao is cool, but not for as many people as they let in. 

Otter
      Participant

@don wrote:

Maybe I shouldn’t have partied with everyone so much before Thursday evening. We had many more that said would show up and didn’t. They probably had enough of me by the time the Tweener party rolled around.  😮

See everyone next year… or at ChicagoCon!

Don

Take ya up on Chicagocon, Don (particularly as I missed the spring one due to project deadlines)!  Sorry to not make the par-tay.  Our group from work there ended up choosing that as the night to all go to dinner together, and that impeded me from making good on my initial rsvp.  Sorry to miss meeting the others as well.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?