ECSA/LPT v4 Outline

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BillV 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
     BillV 
    Participant

Along with the CEH v6 comes a new version of the ECSA/LPT.

ECSA/LPT v4 Course Outline contains 47 modules

BillV

mohit 
    Participant

hey am giving ECSA v4 exam in a week’s time………….anyone has given the same recently? pls share the list of questions etc…

-Mohit Batra
    CEH

BillV 
    Participant

ECSA and CEH are pretty similar. If you studied properly for CEH (used the tools and became familiar with the output) then you should be ok.

amine1st 
    Participant

Hi all,

I was studied CEHv5 AT home with vmware lab, and i got it successfully.  ;D

Now, i wanna buy the last training kit of last version of ECSA.  🙁

Please, how can i buy it ? and what is the name of book for preparing ECSA certification.  ???

thanks.

BillV 
    Participant

There is no book for ECSA like there is a review guide for CEH. The only available option is the official courseware. I would suggest getting it from your local distributor as it will be cheaper, otherwise you can buy directly from EC-Council here: eccouncil.org/orders.htm

BillV

amine1st 
    Participant

Unfortunately, no one has yet done this training in Morocco.  🙁

For CEH, we are just 4 persons who are certified in Morocco.

I thank you for your reply. I will try and see a country neighbor, may be France.  :-

KamiCrazy 
    Participant

From the order page you provided bill, I notice that there are only two options for purchasing ECSA.

ECSA v3 and a european market only ECSA v4.

Does that mean that v4 is only released for europe?

I don’t live in europe. If I book an exam with vue which version will I be tested on?

BillV 
    Participant

That’s a good question. The EC-Council exam page shows v3, but the course outline shows v4. I will check into this and let you know.

You may have to go through a distributor – which was Element K Courseware before. They may still be selling the courseware materials.

KamiCrazy 
    Participant

I had a look at the course materials options on your link because I was just curious.

As per my “Passed CEH v6” thread I picked up that deal on course materials.
    The seal on the box was clearly marked as ECSA/LPT v3. So I ended up getting a v3 box. I can’t see how I could of got the v4 stuff without being in europe cause my box came from an ATC.

Box came with a Prometric voucher. Tried to use it via http://www.2test.com but 2test.com doesn’t offer 412-79 and when I tried to book an EC0-479 exam I just kept getting an error page after choosing a date/time.

Logging onto the Prometric Prime website next and trying to book an exam. It clearly states that it is the v4 exam for the ECSA.

Well I think I’ve answered my own question…

Now to find out the differences….

UNIX 
    Participant

@BillV wrote:

ECSA and CEH are pretty similar. If you studied properly for CEH (used the tools and became familiar with the output) then you should be ok.

Good to know, then I may have my next cert target. 🙂

bobby digital 
    Participant

Can anyone identify which book from the official courseware covers the first 10 modules of the ECSA exam?

BillV 
    Participant

Well this thread is over 4 years old and talks about a different version.

I do not have the most recent version of the courseware but it was the first 2 books in the version I have.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?