eCPPT Gold Certification

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      KrisTeason
      Participant

Armando announced today on LinkedIn that tomorrow will be the launch of their eCPPT Gold Certification. eLearnSecurity Subscribers can expect an e-mail in their Inbox tomorrow. More information still to come and will be posted here by myself, Armando, or another EH.NET member.

m0wgli
      Participant

Definitely a positive development for the cert: eCPPT Gold Certification  🙂

caissyd
      Participant

Once valid credentials have been provided for the certification platform, the candidate will be able to perform the tests from the comfort of their home or office. An Internet connection and VPN software is necessary to carry out the exam

I have seen this set up somewhere else…

eLearnSecurity’s eCPPT Gold is the only certification for Penetration testers that evaluates your abilities at attacking your target and providing thorough professional documentation and recommendation.

Come on! Offensive Security has been doing it for years now…

I think this is a very good thing that eCPPT is migrating to this exam set up. However, they really are copying OS idea, so they shouldn’t act as if they are the only one doing it…

KrisTeason
      Participant

“All ECPPT Silver professionals and ALL students with a valid Silver voucher (non expired, not failed in their last attempt) will be given a FREE Gold voucher. (commercial value of the voucher : $400)” Armando mentioned on LinkedIn.

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

“We are the only one doing a real *pentest* as exam. If you don’t get the difference between pentest and hacking, try smarter (harder was trademarked).”

I’m confused by this comment? How is the OSCP exam not a real “pentest” exam?

caissyd
      Participant

@Armando: I have obviously offended you and I appologize for this. I re-read my post and it was indeed quite insulting. So I am sorry about this.

I think you are doing a great job on your end and I am seriously considering practicing in your lab. As you know, both Offensive Security and eLearnSecurity are receiving good comments on this site. I just felt you were not the only one doing this…

We are the only one doing a real *pentest* as exam. If you don’t get the difference between pentest and hacking, try smarter (harder was trademarked).

So, could you elaborate more on the differences between the two?

Thanks and again, sorry about that, my post was really insulting for you…

caissyd
      Participant

Thanks for the clarifications Armando! It looks interesting!!

So no hard feelings!  😉

esojzuir
      Participant

Armando:

Hope this message finds you well! I was checking the gold cert and it says that the engagement will include web apps to be tested (I imagine both manually and with other tools or Nessus) – My question is Do you recommend getting back to Coliseum and Hack.me to practice or Hera will provide the full experience of what I should encounter during the test?

Thanks in advance,

Jose

JohnE
      Participant

Hi Armando

With the exam, what is the timeframe, how long do you have to do it?

I know with OSCP you have 24 hours to do the penetration, then another 24 hours to submit the report.

Good to see another test that really tests skill, not just memory.

JohnE

lorddicranius
      Participant

@JohnE wrote:

With the exam, what is the timeframe, how long do you have to do it?

7 days to pentest, 7 days to prep your report.
      Source: http://www.elearnsecurity.com/certification/ecppt-gold/process.php

eenkooboos
      Participant

I have untaken eCPPT Silver and Gold exam vouchers. I am torn between taking the silver exam or not  🙂
      Do you recommend to still take the Silver exam? or should I just prepare for the Gold exam and let the silver exam expire?

Also, between the two exams, is there any differences between the two aside from the number of days to submit the report? (I’m not sure, but  if this question might tear fairness of the certification, then please no need to answer it  🙂 )

Since gold certification is up now, what will happen to eCPPT silver certified person? Will their certification expire if they don’t take the gold certification?

Apologies if there are too many question. 🙂

Thanks a lot. Cheers!

m0wgli
      Participant

@eenkooboos wrote:

I have untaken eCPPT Silver and Gold exam vouchers. I am torn between taking the silver exam or not  🙂
      Do you recommend to still take the Silver exam? or should I just prepare for the Gold exam and let the silver exam expire?

I would still do the silver if you have the time. You’ll be covering the necessary material anyhow preparing for the gold. It’ll also give you additional experience report writing.

@eenkooboos wrote:

Also, between the two exams, is there any differences between the two aside from the number of days to submit the report? (I’m not sure, but  if this question might tear fairness of the certification, then please no need to answer it  🙂 )

The silver exam is pretty much focused entirely on the content of the Web App module, whereas the gold exam covers all three modules.

@eenkooboos wrote:

Since gold certification is up now, what will happen to eCPPT silver certified person? Will their certification expire if they don’t take the gold certification?

The silver certification will not expire.

If you haven’t already, I’d suggest having a read through the eLearnSecurity forums.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?