Don talks Careers Tomorrow on Free Webcast

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

[align=center:3ew9yi2h]Security Education: Owning Your Future 

Join Us for a Free Webcast on Dec 15 with Yours Truly 

Don Talks Careers, Certs & CSTA[/align:3ew9yi2h]

Securing enterprise technology is at the forefront of every technology expert’s plans for 2012. Having the proper education to do so requires up-to-date training and knowledge to be effective in the fast-changing InfoSec landscape. Career roadmaps are essential for those that wish to succeed. FishNet Security is excited to announce a joint webinar event with EH-Net to provide insights on the following key elements of a successful education strategy.

Prepare yourself with the knowledge & expertise to secure your enterprise as well as plan your InfoSec career with training solutions that are right for you.

[align=center:3ew9yi2h]Date:  Thursday, Dec 15, 2011
      Time:  1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CST

Register NOW!![/align:3ew9yi2h]

Even if you can’t join us live, please register anyway to get details on the video!

Hope to see you there,
      Don

jsloan1223
      Participant

I keep looking for a LIKE button, or a +1.  Thanks for these opportunities, Don. 🙂

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Twitter & LinkedIn are my social networks of choice for biz. Follow me @ethicalhacker and RT. It’s greatly appreciated.

Don

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

I’ll be listening in!

Anonymous
      Participant

Sounds like a good talk Don

rattis
      Participant

I know I can’t make it today. is it going to be available later?

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

They are recording it, so be sure to sign up even if you can’t attend the live event.

Don

lorddicranius
      Participant

Thanks for the webcast, Don!  Some good information there.  The 7safe Masters program especially piqued my interest and is something I’ll be looking more into.  Like you had said, I just can’t do traditional college classes either without wanting to get back on my computer to learn something that interests me more.

l33t5h@rk
      Participant

Thanks for the webcast, greatly appreciated! Very thought provoking, the whole “I want to be that guy” conundrum so many of us face. It actually made me sit back and think, am I that guy yet? Very good info for entry level people on whether to choose certification, higher education, or experience? The best answer is YES! DO ALL OF THE ABOVE!

impelse
      Participant

I heard the podcast and I liked, let me think better about certification (few minutes late, but it is ok  ;D)

WCNA
      Participant

Hi Don,
      I’d like to hear the recording but the signup page takes you to a “The webinar is over” page….no place to sign up. Please post a link to it when it becomes available please.

I’m sooo busy with my new job that I can’t access EH as often as I used to. Also, the information and advice this site has given me was instrumental in me getting the job, so thanks everybody!

P.S. HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone.

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

The video of the webcast has been published. Check it out on FishNet Security’s webinars page as part of their 6Labs initiative:

Security Education: Owning Your Future
      December, 15 2011

Barry Cooper, VP Education Services, FishNet Security, Don Donzal, Editor in Chief, EH.Net

Securing enterprise technology is at the forefront of every technology expert’s plans for 2012. Having the proper education to do so requires up-to-date training and knowledge to be effective in the fast-changing InfoSec landscape. Career roadmaps are essential for those that wish to succeed. FishNet Security is excited to announce a joint webinar event with EthicalHacker.net to provide insights on the following key elements of a successful education strategy:

• Evolution of white hat hacker education
      • Certification review: Security industry
      • Certification review: Ethical hacking
      • Certification review: Pen testing
      • 7Safe offerings review
      • CSTA review
      • 2012 education incentives

Prepare yourself with an education road map to help take your career to the next level by learning the security education options that are right for you

http://fishnetsecurity.com/Webinars

Hope it’s informative for you,
      Don

hayabusa
      Participant

Good video, don.  (Nice job!)  Missed it the first time around, and watching it now.

Interesting history section, and ironic, as Novell’s certs WERE my first certs (as well as the fact that I worked for them for a handful of years,) then Cisco certs, then the specialized ones. 

Proof positive that your historical / growth of certs, in general, is ‘deadly accurate,’ and, like you, I have no degree, either.

It’s always nice to hear others who’ve been where I’ve been, and I find myself relating this same info to other newcomers, all the time.

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Thanks. It’s good to know the noodle still works when I want it to…

That’s what she said!

D’oh!!

Don

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Anyone else watch the video of this presentation? Was is good/horrible? Did it help? Was it too simplistic or just right? Do I make a good spokesperson for ethical hacking and the security community?

Thanks,
      Don

dynamik
      Participant

I unfortunately couldn’t make it live, but I hit up the recording a bit after it was posted. It’s been awhile now, but I remember everyone being very articulate and presenting the information in a concise and straight-forward manner.

I think the content was on the mark for the target audience. It may be rather simple in the grand scheme of things, but it’s great information for those looking to either break into security or move beyond an entry-level role.

Like Hayabusa, I also found the background information to be interesting. And like you both, I don’t have a degree either. I started bout 14 years ago and may even finish next year, but it hasn’t held me back.

m0wgli
      Participant

I missed this the first time round so am really glad this got a bump and caught my attention.

As part of the target audience I agree the content was spot on and a little spooky in my circumstances.

I’m UK based and have worked in various IT roles for nearly 14 years. For the past year and a half I have been studying with the aim of obtaining a job as a Junior Penetration Tester.

My training with regards to certs is limited by being self funded, therefore, I have focused on those that I can afford.

So far I’ve done Security + > studied for C|EH (decided not to take the exam in the end, mainly because of all the negative feedback I’ve heard. However, C|EH V8 sounds more promising) > OSWP > ecPPT.

I was fortunate enough earlier in the year to win a place on any 7safe course of my choice as well as a voucher to take the CRT (Crest Registered Tester) exam.

Currently I’m considering taking CSTA > OSCP > CRT.

I’d appreciate any advice whether or not this seems like the right path or there are other options I should pursue.

Jamie.R
      Participant

It seem your heading in the right direction but of course this really does depend on what job you want. I am guessing you want pen testing job and if that the case I think you are on tract just carry on doing what your doing.

Where about in uk are you from ?

m0wgli
      Participant

Jamie, thanks for taking the time to reply. Your guess was correct. I am pursuing a career in Penetration Testing, although I did state that in my first post!

Without being too specific, I’m currently based in the South East of England.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?