Does Mobile Security Deserve New Board?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

With the rise of mobile devices, apps, and their own OSs, should we keep them right here in the wireless section or should we create a new forum board specifically for Mobile Security?

Don

Ketchup
      Participant

My vote is for a new board.  There are some topics that cover physical security, or hardware security (jail-braking an iPhone for example) that don’t really have anything to do with Wireless.

Xen
      Participant

I also vote for a new board. There’s a lot of stuff going in mobile security which wireless security doesn’t encompass.

dynamik
      Participant

Sounds like a good idea. The client I was on-site with this week grilled me with mobile device questions.

Determ
      Participant

When do you think, will courses/tutorials/reviews go forward with wireless security?

I still see a lot of contents about WEP cracking and easy bluetooth trick. I think that today to much people use WPA2 and producer’s added protections.

There are more and more apps for mobile phones, mobile OS, business wireless technologies etc. Maybe I’m wrong but I think that pentesting on wireless should be more focused on new softare/hardware standards.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?