Dlink : DIR-615 Router password hacking.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      garethaw
      Participant

Hello im 15 and my father is constantly disables my internet until 5 pm daily this is highly annoying for me and extremely frustrating the internet time are set by mac filter which can be changed by router admin at anytime i was hoping if someone could supply me a router hacking tool, thankyou.

hayabusa
      Participant

Nope, sorry, no can do.  It’s not really ‘ethical’ to bypass restrictions that your father has imposed, with no really obvious reason except, ‘I want to get online.’

I will say this, though, because this is a forum for learning… 

A bit of research will find you ways around that restriction, without having to do anything to the router, whatsoever.  If YOU take the initiative, find the info, learn it, and understand it, then I’ve done my part.  However, I’m not in the business of handing out backdoors, for no reason.

Good luck (I guess…….)  :-

sil
      Participant

@garethaw wrote:

i was hoping if someone could supply me a router hacking tool

There you go, the ultimate in home-based router hacking. It’s call a paper clip and one can use it to secretly reset their router back to factory settings. Be advised this may interfere with MaD (Mom and Dad) protocols which may lead to a Denial of Service on perks like, movies, allowances, etc. use at your own risk

garethaw
      Participant

I’m not that stupid i know about factory reseting but it is not an option for me.

garethaw
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

Nope, sorry, no can do.  It’s not really ‘ethical’ to bypass restrictions that your father has imposed, with no really obvious reason except, ‘I want to get online.’

I will say this, though, because this is a forum for learning… 

A bit of research will find you ways around that restriction, without having to do anything to the router, whatsoever.  If YOU take the initiative, find the info, learn it, and understand it, then I’ve done my part.  However, I’m not in the business of handing out backdoors, for no reason.

Good luck (I guess…….)  :-

can you you forward me to the info i am unable to find it.

mallaigh
      Participant

@sil wrote:

There you go, the ultimate in home-based router hacking. It’s call a paper clip and one can use it to secretly reset their router back to factory settings. Be advised this may interfere with MaD (Mom and Dad) protocols which may lead to a Denial of Service on perks like, movies, allowances, etc. use at your own risk

Simply, EPIC!

Edit: I probably shouldn’t help with this.

rattis
      Participant

@garethaw wrote:

I’m not that stupid i know about factory resetting but it is not an option for me.

Two great ideas that come to mind, well 3, but you’d probably hate the third one.

1) Get the model number, and read up on the router, how mac filtering works, and every other piece of information you can get your  hands on. It might even help lead you in to a career.

2) Ask for more time online. Make sure you have valid reasons written down. Take those with you when you ask for more time. Run through with friends on possible rebuttals your father might have. Having that skill will help you when you get older and need to do the same thing at work for access to data and other things.

3) Get a job, and pay for your own internet connection. I know it’s hard getting a job at 15, I was there.

Maybe you can mix a couple of those together. I can think of other ways too… but those 3 should be a good start.

Lastly, you’re asking an UNETHICAL question on an ETHICAL hacking forum. You’ll have to forgive us if we have a bit of fun and post pictures of paper clips.

hayabusa
      Participant

@sil – I gotta give you that one.  Not only is it a hacking tool, but it’ll even open some door locks too!  😉

rattis
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

@sil – I gotta give you that one.  Not only is it a hacking tool, but it’ll even open some door locks too!  😉

and handcuffs.

Ketchup
      Participant

MacGyver could have made a new router from just the paper clip.

garethaw
      Participant

can some one just team viewer me and crack the password everything that’s been said is not possible my father is stuck up dick

Clay Briggs
      Participant

Sil, very classic.  Very very classic. 

Garethaw, take the advice given, and don’t ask to be spoon  fed.  You’re past that age, and it generally doesn’t go over too well.  The internet is a treasure trove of information… and if you’re having trouble finding what you want, ask for a google-fu book from Santa.

-4sh

garethaw
      Participant

I have spent over 3 months searching for the info and guess what. All find is threads like these supplying no information

garethaw
      Participant

Would Brutus crack this ?

tturner
      Participant

If you know enough to ask that question then you know enough to try. Stop asking to be spoonfed and do some work yourself. This is an ethical hacking site and what you are asking for is not ethical.

rattis
      Participant

@garethaw wrote:

I have spent over 3 months searching for the info and guess what. All find is threads like these supplying no information

If you think this thread has supplied no information, maybe you don’t know what you’re looking at.

Answers given have included: How to reset the router to factory default. The idea of starting a part time after school business doing tech work for people (how some of  us started). That you can get around the problem without touching the router. Getting your own network connection.

AND you still seem to have a problem knowing what is ethical and what is not. Showing you need to study more in school and play on the computer less anyway. <- My opinion

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

One other thing to keep in mind is that this is a community full of professionals which means we’re adults working for a living. Most of us are also parents. So you’ll quickly find that we’re on the side of your father. If that makes me a d!ck$, so be it.

You’ve been given more than enough help whether you know it or not. Learn both about hacking and life from what you’ve been given.

Thread locked.

Don

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Dlink : DIR-615 Router password hacking.’ is closed to new replies.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?