DerbyCon 3.0

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  rattis 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

DerbyCon 3.0
    September 25 – 29, 2013
    Louisville, KY

Welcome to DerbyCon 3.0 – “All in The Family”. This is the place where security professionals from all over the world come to hang out. DerbyCon 3.0 will be held September 25-29th, 2013.  DerbyCon 2012 pulled in over 1,100 people with an amazing speaker lineup and a family-like feel. We’ve listened to your feedback and plan on making this conference even better. Our goal is to keep it around the same size and maintain a close-knit conference where we all come together to learn and share ideas.

At DerbyCon 2011, the security community raised over $13,000 for the Hackers for Charity foundation, over double that of other conferences. In 2012, we raised over $30,000 for Hackers for Charity!!! This is just one example of the many amazing things that happened at the conference.

Tickets are $150.00 for admission to the conference and a $1,000 dollars for training. Note that the actual conference goes from September 27th through the 29th however training goes from the 25th to the 26th.

Venue

Hyatt Regency Louisville
    311 South 4th Street,
    Louisville, Kentucky, USA 40202
    http://louisville.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

For more info:
    https://www.derbycon.com

Don

alucian 
    Participant

I will probably go to it.

Is someone else interested/going ?

dynamik 
    Participant

I’ll be attending, and I will be peer-pressuring Hayabusa up until the conference as well.

n37sh@rk 
    Participant

I’m looking at the possibility look interesting.

Triban 
    Participant

All booked up, heading in early for Corelan’s class. This year 4x 50min main tracks with 30 min stable talks. Check out some of the abstracts that Irongeek posted. It will certainly be tough to figure out which ones to go to and which ones to watch later online.

dynamik 
    Participant

@triban wrote:

All booked up, heading in early for Corelan’s class.

You are going to have a blast (bring Red Bull for Peter).

El33tsamurai 
    Participant

I am going as well, anyone else coming?

testdotphp 
    Participant

I’ll be there and this will actually be my first con.
    Pretty excited and hoping to meet some of the people I “see” all the time, as well as see some people that I haven’t seen in a while.

n37sh@rk 
    Participant

I’ll be attending. Any recomendations for a first timer?

dynamik 
    Participant

@n37sh@rk wrote:

I’ll be attending. Any recomendations for a first timer?

Buy me drinks 😉

Seriously though, if anyone’s interested in meeting up, PM me your contact info. I’ll try to coordinate a time for an informal EH get-together with everyone who’s interested.

Don, are you making it out to this one?

Triban 
    Participant

I like the way Dynamik thinks. I’ll be there taking the Corelan course and looking forward to some good discussions, talks and all around fun. Dynamik, incoming!

testdotphp 
    Participant

@dynamik wrote:

Buy me drinks 😉

Don’t worry, I buy all my ladies drinks.

jason 
    Participant

I’ll be out again this year as well. Classing (malware analysis), speaking (anti-forensics), drinking (all the drinks) 8)

El33tsamurai 
    Participant

Just back from DerbyCon 3.0 some great presentations this weekend. The CTF was lots of fun as well. Who went? What did you think? Did you try the CTF? Favorite presentations?

n37sh@rk 
    Participant

I attended as a first timer and found it amazing! The people were friendly no one was standoffish I actually just walked up to a purple people and started talking. Didn’t get a Jane to try the CTF but heard people talking about inane sounded awesome. Some of the talks I liked the best we’re the recon-ng framework by Tim Tomes, Active defense but John Strand, Ben0xA’s talk about how it’s ok to touch your self( your network) :). Just to name some from the first day. Adrian is doing an amazing job with videos as usual I am deff going to make this a yearly trip in the future!

rattis 
    Participant

I went, I got there a little too late to see Tim Tome’s talk, which was the only talk I really wanted to see this year. The video is up, so I got the get the repeat.

I however spent most of my time in the iamthecavalry congress. I went to all sessions after seeing Josh’s talk Saturday morning. I think they’ve got a good idea going, and instead of hoping it does good or fails trying, I want to help see it succeed.

While on the surface they keep talking about research, it really does affect all of us. Yes it was U.S. centric but if we have laws here where hacking tools are deemed illegal that means the stuff we use daily like nmap won’t be allowed.

It was pointed out that Texas already had one bill that accidentally made hacking illegal, and someone else pointed out that Florida outlawed computers on accident.

I think one of the best things I heard was we (the people that do the research against cars (Charlie Miller and the like), and the people that do med devices (Jay Radcliffe, and the like), are the second level of Quality Checks, because we have to use this and want make sure it’s safe for us and our families.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?