Defcon 21

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  m0wgli 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     caissyd 
    Participant

Hey,

I will be attending Defcon 21 (Las Vegas, August 1-4, $180). Anyone else going?

dynamik 
    Participant

I’ll be there through Black Hat, BSidesLV, and DefCon. Looking forward to meeting you and anyone else who shows up.

Grendel 
    Participant

I will be there as well – make sure you stop by the “Be the Match” booth in the contest area and say “hi”… and perhaps sign up for the National Bone Marrow Donor registry (which just requires filling out a form and swabbing the inside of your cheek).

caissyd 
    Participant

@grendel wrote:

make sure you stop by the “Be the Match” booth in the contest area and say “hi”… and perhaps sign up for the National Bone Marrow Donor registry (which just requires filling out a form and swabbing the inside of your cheek).

Hi Grendel,

I currently work for the Canadian Blood Services on the Bone Marrow project (One Match)!! So I will go say “hi” for sure! 😉

Don is usually at Defcon too. And dynamik, looking forward to meeting you again!

tturner 
    Participant

I’ll be at BsidesLV and DC21. Looking forward to seeing those of you I’ve met before and new faces as well!

pseud0 
    Participant

I’ll be there tues-Sunday. BH and defcon.

caissyd 
    Participant

Is it me or there was less people attending Defcon this year?

Maybe it was better organized or something, but it really felt like it wasn’t that crowdy…

Maybe Defcon is slowly going down?!?

pseud0 
    Participant

Odd. I thought it was about the same, and several people thought it was more packed than usual. Guess it all depends on where you were. There definitely seemed to be better “flow” in the hallways getting from one session to another.

m0wgli 
    Participant

@caissyd wrote:

Is it me or there was less people attending Defcon this year?

I doubt it, but perhaps the U.S. federal government complied with Jeff Moss (The Dark Tangent) request?

caissyd 
    Participant

Hmm, yeah maybe it’s just me…

IS it possible to find out how many people attended? The only thing I could find was on wikipedia: “In 2010, over 10,000 people attended DEF CON 18”. Not really precise…

I wonder how many people showed up to DC21…

dynamik 
    Participant

At the Skytalks panel, Roamer said the conference was continuing to grow. He didn’t throw out any exact numbers, but the numbers seem to be increasing.

Also, the fed ban was simply to avoid altercations. I’m sure the government still attended, but they just didn’t have booths, etc. that would make them stand out.

m0wgli 
    Participant

@caissyd wrote:

I wonder how many people showed up to DC21…

The following article reports attendance for DEF CON 21 as over 15,000: http://www.zdnet.com/def-con-21-in-pictures-7000019141/

I had a look on the DEF CON site, and they estimate attendance for DEF CON 20 was 13,000.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?