de-ice.net

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  dynamik 7 years, 2 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #7862
     cyber.spirit 
    Participant

    hi guys i have some quiz about de-ice.net
    Im running backtrack and it in vmware both using dhcp disabled host only adapter and i ran ics to give the vms internet connection. So both the using ice dhcp with this net id 192.168.137.0/24
    So here is the quiz:

    1. When i run this command:
    Nmap -sP 192.168.137.0/24 i cant find the de-ice.net’s ip adderss would u please tell me why?

    2. Why ifconfing is not exist in de-ice.net

  • #49541
     shadowzero 
    Participant

    @cyber.spirit wrote:

    hi guys i have some quiz about de-ice.net
    Im running backtrack and it in vmware both using dhcp disabled host only adapter and i ran ics to give the vms internet connection. So both the using ice dhcp with this net id 192.168.137.0/24
    So here is the quiz:

    1. When i run this command:
    Nmap -sP 192.168.137.0/24 i cant find the de-ice.net’s ip adderss would u please tell me why?

    2. Why ifconfing is not exist in de-ice.net

    It’s been a while, but ifconfig should be there. Have you looked in /sbin? Try the locate and find command as well.

  • #49542
     Grendel 
    Participant
  • #49543
     Jamie.R 
    Participant

    If i remember you need to change your ip address to be on the same subset as the De-ice

    Example de-ice 10.1.1.110 you need to have ip of 10.1.1.10 or similar.

  • #49544
     cyber.spirit 
    Participant

    @Jamie.R wrote:

    If i remember you need to change your ip address to be on the same subset as the De-ice

    Example de-ice 10.1.1.110 you need to have ip of 10.1.1.10 or similar.

    They both got the ip from ice’s dhcp so they are in same subnet

  • #49545
     shadowzero 
    Participant

    I suggest you read the network configuration posted here: http://forums.hackingdojo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&sid=e91deb826d6ff353b09278489c5bc78e

  • #49546
     cyber.spirit 
    Participant

    @shadowzero wrote:

    I suggest you read the network configuration posted here: http://forums.hackingdojo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&sid=e91deb826d6ff353b09278489c5bc78e

    Thanx but i think it needs static ip but how can set it without ifconfing?

  • #49547
     shadowzero 
    Participant

    The De-ICE VMs already have an IP address, and it lists it on the link I directed you to. The easiest way to get things running, is to modify YOUR router settings to match the ones the VMs expect. I suggest obtaining a second router that you can use for these VM challenges if changing your home network settings is not an option.

  • #49548
     tturner 
    Participant

    Or use a VM and setup a custom virtual network for working with those VM’s so you don’t have to keep reconfiguring your virtual networks.. You don’t have to install the ISO’s to a virtual disk, you can leave them as non-persistent ISO’s and just boot inside vmplayer/workstation. I’d recommend using host only mode (or your custom network with De-Ice network addresses, but configure it as a 2nd host only if you do) for this as they won’t need internet and you will minimize exposure on your LAN.

  • #49549
     ziggy_567 
    Participant

    You might also want to assess your assumptions.

    Let’s assume the IP configuration is correct. (To be honest, though, I don’t think it is.) Why else might you not be able to ping the host?

    What can you do to find the host if you can’t ping the host?

  • #49550
     cyber.spirit 
    Participant

    @shadowzero wrote:

    The De-ICE VMs already have an IP address, and it lists it on the link I directed you to. The easiest way to get things running, is to modify YOUR router settings to match the ones the VMs expect. I suggest obtaining a second router that you can use for these VM challenges if changing your home network settings is not an option.

    @tturner wrote:

    Or use a VM and setup a custom virtual network for working with those VM’s so you don’t have to keep reconfiguring your virtual networks.. You don’t have to install the ISO’s to a virtual disk, you can leave them as non-persistent ISO’s and just boot inside vmplayer/workstation. I’d recommend using host only mode (or your custom network with De-Ice network addresses, but configure it as a 2nd host only if you do) for this as they won’t need internet and you will minimize exposure on your LAN.

    @ziggy_567 wrote:

    You might also want to assess your assumptions.

    Let’s assume the IP configuration is correct. (To be honest, though, I don’t think it is.) Why else might you not be able to ping the host?

    What can you do to find the host if you can’t ping the host?

    All of these things can be possible when i can atleast check my ip address but we have no ifconfig command in de-ice.net i googled it over and over but i just found my topic!! And nothing useful so please help me in this however those info was great and helpful so thanx for them

  • #49551
     Grendel 
    Participant

    Did you watch the video I linked to? It takes you step by step and explains what you’re asking about.

  • #49552
     tturner 
    Participant

    It has a static IP, it’s not going to pull a DHCP lease. Listen to Grendel. 🙂 I don’t recall what IP it was using as it’s been several years since I did these. You don’t need to login to the ISO. All you need is the IP which I suspect is in his video link.

  • #49553
     shadowzero 
    Participant

    @cyber.spirit wrote:

    All of these things can be possible when i can atleast check my ip address but we have no ifconfig command in de-ice.net i googled it over and over but i just found my topic!! And nothing useful so please help me in this however those info was great and helpful so thanx for them

    All of these things are possible if you had read and tried what has been suggested. You say you can’t find ifconfig, so I assume you have already logged in. I’ve loaded up my De-ICE 1.100 instance and ifconfig is there. Google how to search for files in Linux.

  • #49554
     24772433 
    Participant

    The subnet should be 192.168.1.x. You would be advised to set the NIC for both guests to Custom – vmnet2. The de-ice distros set their own IP address. The clue to what that is is in the name, e.g. ‘de-ice 1.100’ which would be 192.168.1.100.

    Set your Backtrack VM to the same subnet and you will see the de-ice VM.

    If you still can’t see the vm try using NMAP to search for port 80 on the subnet. You should hit the live IP.

    I seem to recall not being able ping the de-ice vm too but NMAP will pick it up. It’s been a while since I last used it so apologies if I’m off track!

  • #49555
     Jamie.R 
    Participant

    If you follow the link the General has posted it should be pretty straight forward. You could also do what tturner has said setup a custom network.

  • #49556
     Triban 
    Participant

    And this is where having a strong base knowledge of networking principals is required in order to be a decent pen tester.  Most of the time I spend more time figuring out how to get my lab setup than actually doing the lab itself.  Then again once it is setup, it is pretty easy from there.  I also tend to keep notepad++ or gedit running so I can toss notes in there.  Though I may start to use Growly notes for that.

    As for De-Ice… from what I remember, you need to set you IP on the attacker to match the subnet of the De-Ice box.  Also make sure you don’t use the same IP as the target De-Ice VM. 

  • #49557
     dynamik 
    Participant

    @3xban wrote:

    I also tend to keep notepad++ or gedit running so I can toss notes in there.  Though I may start to use Growly notes for that.

    Off-topic, but have you tried OneNote or Evernote? Syncing, mobile device support, etc. are pretty slick.

    Edit: I guess Growly is a “Mac OneNote.” It doesn’t look like they have a mobile app though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?