De-ice 1.100 load error

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  The New LT72884 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     The New LT72884 
    Participant

Ello all. I just downloaded de-ice 1.100 iso and for some reason i am getting an error when it loads. the error is not from vmplayer. It looks like a bash error.

I know de-ice once loaded is supposed to have a prompt for log in and the goal is to find that info but here is what it says

*Something went wrong and we can not continue. This should never happen. Please reboot De-ice and try again.

Here is a screen shot of it.

Any ideas of what is going on?

thanks

Grendel 
    Participant

Where did you download it from?

The New LT72884 
    Participant

From http://vulnhub.com/series/de-ice,2/

This is where i got them from.

EDIT

Then click download and it seems it is coming from your place over at hacking dojo

thanks Thomas

Grendel 
    Participant

Can you send me your .vmx file? Also, what host OS are you using?

The New LT72884 
    Participant

I am using win 8. I will send the .vmx file in morning because i deleted the vm, so i will have to recreate it. but that wont take long. Just at the moment, i am helping my wife make a 5 tier wedding cake.

thanks

The New LT72884 
    Participant

Here is something even more strange for you. I have a image file of hackerdemia i got from a book of yours and i know it is supposed to be 192.168.1.123. I can ping it but cant point a web browser at it. Then the pings stopped and i noticed this

check out the IP of hackerdemia. its 192.168.1.129 all of a sudden haha

Grendel 
    Participant

That’s very odd. At this point, I’ll have to write it off as an issue with Win8 or configuration of the VMware app.

I don’t have access to a Win8 machine – if you (or anybody else) figures out what the issue is, or a solution to these, please let me know either here or directly at infoat/hackingdojodot/com.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

– Tom W.

m0wgli 
    Participant

Regarding the problem with De-ICE 1.100.

I did a quick test on Windows 8.1 64-bit (Build 9600) 6.3.9600 with VMware player 6.0.2 build-1744117 installed, I can reproduce the same problem if the wrong Linux version is selected when creating the virtual machine.

Creating the virtual machine with the guest operating system as Linux and the version as Linux 2.6.x kernel works for me.

The New LT72884 
    Participant

hmmmm. interesting. i have linux 2.4.x 32 bit as selected for the vmware os. Ill change it and see what happenes.

EDIT.

that seemed to fix it. Very strange. I have never had that happen to me. In older versions ov vmplayer, i always just left it at ubuntu cuz i was in a hurry and didnt change it. haha.

This brings up another issue though. How are other users supposed to know what to set vmware player to when creating it? Also, does that mean the hacker demia should be set to the same as de-ice?

thanks

m0wgli 
    Participant

I’ve also just had a quick look at De-ICE S1.123 – Also known as the Hackerdemia LiveCD from http://hackingdojo.com/downloads/iso/De-ICE_S1.123.iso.

The kernel version is Linux slax 2.6.16.

I’ve not experienced any issues running this VM.

The New LT72884 
    Participant

How do i find out the kernal versions so that i can make sure that i can set it correctly in vmplayer? Is it in the release notes of each live cd or is there a command i have to do, but that wont work on deice lvl 1 because i cant log in haha

thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?