Cybersecurity Career Path – A Fresh Perspective

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Isabel Jason 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     MacKenzie Brown 
    Participant

My expertise is not necessarily laden in the land of career counseling, hiring standards, and education recommendations. However, anecdotally, coming
    [See the full article at: Cybersecurity Career Path – A Fresh Perspective]

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

How about the “I Can Do Better” Badge – This is where you look at everyone around you from managers to engineers to CEOs and think, “If they can do it, I sure as heck can.” Or, “The way they do it is a$$ backwards. I know there’s a better way.” Or, “I’m the one making them all the money. That should be going to me.” These are the sparks that leads one to create their own open-source projects and/or companies.

Don

MTGreen 
    Participant

MacKenzie,

Thanks for the article! I appreciated your perspective as you describe a pathway though INFO SEC. What I liked best was your characterization of giving back, and that it is placed throughout each phase. As much as you describe the continual learning process, it is not something we can do alone. And the advancement you describe does not happen singularly either. Finally, that general awareness and representation you speak of needs to be equally pervasive as giving back. In the end we are a community, and the value of your career is the value you served to the community. Thanks for your contribution with this article, and I wish you all the best.

Mike

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  MTGreen.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Don Donzal. Reason: Typo
     Isabel Jason 
    Participant

If you have noticed, Security has become a trending topic among the IT’ians. Even the major companies have faced a lot of financial trouble and breaches because of security issues. The best way to deal with it is to understand how it works and actually works accordingly to that mind map itself. This type of hacking we can call as ethical hacking.[Reference:: Reasons For LEarning Ethical Hacking]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?